Custom Compatible Train In Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JasperHuskyFox, Oct 13, 2020.

1. JasperHuskyFox

JasperHuskyFox Member

I'd love to drive my repainted 442 in the Rapid Transit, but in timetable so I can still see other rail traffic go passed, same thing like being able to run a light loco in timetable mode, so I can see other trains doing their thing as I putter around with no objective, sometimes being able to wait for other trains

But if anything, I'd love to replace a timetable service I choose with my repainted Talent 442 in RT, instead of the unpaintable 1442, as it's similar it can work without Off The Rails Mode, so I should be able to select it as a loco I can use in timetable to replace a service normally done by a 1442

• Like Like x 6
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I like this idea.

3. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

not great, not terrible idea
    (the current system of off the rails making each individual timetable works but is just too much damned work)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more flexibility in train selection in timetable mode, similar to Train Simulator's Quick Drive mode. Basically allowing any train on any service, with keeping restrictions to a minimum (such as no electric trains on a diesel route, no freight trains on a passenger service, and maximum train length to ensure it fits).

Would love to take the Class 101 on a drive on the West Somerset Railway. Or take the Class 47 full throttle on the Great Western Express. Even though the scenario editor would allow me to do such things, I'd need to set up all AI traffic manually. Allowing any train on any route in timetable mode would make it a lot more quick, pretty much offering the same benefits that Quick Drive mode has.

• Like Like x 3
  5. proluigigamer01

wonder how emus would fit in to this (m7, m3) due to them being electric whilst not using an overhead pantograph like most electrified routes in game

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Same way they did it with the Scenario Planner, just in timetable mode.

They did say it was on their wishlist on the latest stream.

7. proluigigamer01

8. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

Set number of Wagons,Carriages/ Locos/ DMUs/EMUs, example set class 166 service into 6 car or 9 car or set it to class 43 service vice venca.

able to set all 3 diagrams passenger class 31 hauling class 101 DMU to Dynamic number of MK2 blue grey carriages, and set any uk loco Class 47 BR Blue , Class 45 BR Blue , Class 40 hauling MK2 Blue gray carriages

Set WSR sets, Class 47 Haulling 2x3 car or 3x2 car class 101s, Class 37 haulling BR MK 2 carriages, Class 66 hauling WSR MK 1 Carragies

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1