Custom "free Roam / Quick Drive Scenarios"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Hi all...

A few weeks ago I received an email off a friend who is obsessed with the IoW... I'd sent him a few screenshots of the Island Line DLC of things like the 483 at Ryde, St Johns etc... by return, he sent me some photos that he'd taken on the IoW of the real thing...

I then did a similar thing by return, replicating his photos in TS which he was quite impressed with... Then, as I said at the start of the post he sent me this picture saying " bet you can't recreate this in Train Simulator...???"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CR7LXzkccnw7zJa8

Apologies for the above link... I'm doing this off my phone & for the life of me I don't know how to insert the photo I want into this post this was the only way I could find... To be honest I don't even know if the link works!!!

Anyway, if it doesn't, its a photo of a "new" 483 alongside a 485 at Sandown... I'd like to recreate the photo in TS then screenshot it & send it to my mate to wind him up!!!

After some searching I found a 485, I've downloaded & installed the necessary files but am wondering if I need to create a custom free roam or quick drive scenario???

Any help / advice would be much appreciated... As always, thanks in advance...

Eric

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You could just create a standard scenario with the units lined up exactly like that, then enter the scenario and screenshot it. Don't need to make it driveable at all.

3. ntypeman

Thanks for that... Where on earth do I start??? I hasten to add I have absolutely NO experience in creating scenarios...

Sorry to be a real pain in the a$$...

Eric

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Thats a youtube video from MattP which shoudl give you the very basics. Feel free to come back and ask any specifics and people will answer :)

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

There's also this;

Although it doesn't cover importing assets from other pack which is what you'd need to do for the 485, although it's fairly simple. On the middle fly-out, click the small blue cube with an orange arrow, on the right hand side, use the drop-down menu to select the developer of the pack you want to use, and then click the middle checkbox.

6. mike370

mike370 Active Member

Hi Eric. The above video tutorials you've kindly been given above are great, & I'm sure they'll help you in all manner of ways with starting scenario building.

However, right now, for the particular purpose you have in mind creating new scenarios especially a standard, perhaps unnecessary complicated.

I would have thought the very easiest way for you to (very quickly) achieve your objective is to use an existig ready made free-roam scenario for The Isle of Wight route (The Island Line). You're fortunate in that being an older TS route, IOW did come with two default already made free-roams. You should find these listed in your 'Free-roam' drive. In my game one such obvious one to use is listed as 'Island Line - free roam'.

You can either start up one of these scenarios and once in-play go straight into the editior mode, 'fly' to Sandown and plonk down your two trains. Alternatively in the game's main 'Build' menu: first clone one of these two exising scenarios, to create a duplicate version you can edit without messing-up your existing route freeroams - by just giving the clone a new name of your choosing.

But it's as simple as that. As explained by both ARuscoe & Cameron, move in the editor to Sandown. In the editor make sure you've ticked the needed assets top right hand side of editor (tick the boxes for the particular developers that have created the asset reskins you want to use). Select the listed trains from the left hand side listing of all your loaded loco consists, and simply position the trains wherever you want on the track. Save said changes, and you should be good to go. :)

7. ntypeman

Hi mike...

Thanks for that... i did look at the videos but they totally bamboozled me... I'll try your way when i get a chance...

Thanks again...

Eric