Cut Dlc Prices

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UnlimitedMagic, Jul 26, 2019.

1. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Dovetail’s TSW DLC prices are over the roof for example
    LIRR is £25.00 which is basically the price of TSW
    LIRR and other routes should be around £14.00

So dovetail should consider this also as TSW when first released is £39.00
    So each route they make should be around £14.00 which would be a reasonable price

2. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

No offense but if you realized the time and resources that went into the development of TSW you would see that the base game price is really an incredible deal. The addon routes are still priced very reasonably.

The way I see it, the routes are priced perfectly. The introductory price of the base game is the real winner for being as cheap as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UnlimitedMagic

I do realise the time they take into these but they could cut the price to make it more affordable to others

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given that TSW is ALWAYS bundled with at least one route your pricing is off, and given that routes ARE the content and TSW is the shell I would say that TSW should be considered being bundled with a route rather than the other way round.
    Either way, miles and miles of detailed route with appreciable comparrison to real life is probably worth the money they ask for it

Right now you can get TSW with GWE, NEC and RT for £25 and with all that and an additional loco for £29...
    That's called "loss leading", as in intended to get people in for the first few hours so they will spend more money down the road. It's the same as supermarkets putting offers at the door and milk at the back (which they charge less for than it takes to get to the store). It drags you into the store and past stuff they DO make money on.

I imagine there are three basic types of people who buy TSW. Those who are seriously into train sims and who will in the end buy everything they're interested in, general hobbyists who will play a few hours a month and will buy a few things over time or people who go "Ooh that looks good", play a few hours and then never pick it up again.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ARuscoe

One word for you "sales"!

• Like Like x 4
  6. UnlimitedMagic

I don’t get it

7. ARuscoe

There are loads of sales on DLC and the core program that make things "more affordable", you just have to wait a while

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

That's the time to buy new routes. And hopefully any pesky wrinkles will have been ironed out by that point.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Wait long enough and they will be discounted to your desired level.

10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Please cut the prices for The Tesla, if they lower the price, more people will buy them. I do realize that the materials, engineering design, and construction takes time, but if they lower the price they will be more affordable.

OR, I wish they would lower the price of movie tickets, they are too high... I know the cost for the visual effects, pre and post processing, rental/ lease space for the physical theaters, employee compensation are real cost, but if they lower the price, more people could afford the tickets...

I do not think this argument holds up in other contexts....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1