Cutting The Cars Scenario Final Instruction Missing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by stujoy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The new Caltrain switcher, first scenario in Journey mode, Cutting The Cars, and after completing all the tasks it has left me hanging and the scenario does not end.

Just stood here looking at the loco wondering what to do now.

EDIT - I went to settings, turned on the blue marker (I play with them off) and there it was in front of a cabin, the place I wasn’t told to walk to. I’m a bit dim sometimes but the instruction in the corner of the screen was missing, so I had no idea I had to walk somewhere, so it is bugged, as normally when you have to walk somewhere the instruction is there in the corner with the distance to the marker.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Well, I have been informed by the Support Team that TSW is actually extensively tested. But as they told me - it is "vastly complex software" and that "sadly, not every bug can be captured" and that "sometimes on rare occasions, a bug will just slip through the net" - no matter how hard they try to avoid such regrettable incidents.

This bug must have just been one of those bugs.

What can you do? Life isn't perfect, I guess.

But as the saying goes: "Be Kind".... etc.***

-----------------
    ***Or the full version: "Be kind. And don't smash your boyfriend over the head with a lump of brass while he is asleep after having snooped on his SMS messages and got the wrong/right idea about how adventurous he might or might not be."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd really like to have a window into the process that a new DLC goes through between the dev first completing a v1 build and it being released on the PSN store. Just to know what actually happens. To see those intrepid bug catchers at work.

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

If you ever get a chance to do this, then I suggest you first check the private mental health service providers in your area, to see if they will give you a pre-order discount of 10% on treatment for the PTSD that you will be suffering from afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

FYI: The instruction you refer to is present to end the PC version of this scenario.