Db Br 101 Thoughts About Dresden Crashes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tuxcatazuma, Feb 23, 2022.

1. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

I've noticed a pattern which may or may not help with the out of memory crashes on Dresden. If I have the DB BR 101 installed on my Xbox Series S and I start TSW from a fresh boot, every time I try to start a scenario with the DB BR 101, I am entered into the game on foot, at a random station. If I quit the scenario and try to launch the DB BR 101 scenario again, it starts correctly, with me inside the train at the correct station. This happens on any route in which the DB BR 101 has a scenario.

What's also interesting, is that if after first launch I spawn on foot at a time just before a DB BR 101 is due to arrive at a station, it doesn't appear and is not on the PIS boards, as if it doesn't exist. If I quit the scenario and go back in, again on foot, the DB BR 101 arrives at the station and is on the PIS.

If I uninstall the DB BR 101, I do not get any crashes in and around Dresden. I also don't get any random spawning on foot when I first start a scenario. So I think there is something odd going on with the DB BR 101. As soon as I reinstall, the same issues occur.

I hope this might prove useful, but in any case, I really hope these crashes get resolved, because the DB BR 101 is one of my favourite trains and Dresden one of my favourite routes. Thanks.

2. Bigphil1592

Bigphil1592 New Member

The layering system doesn't work the first time you load a service that users layers. The layers only seem to load in the second time you launch a service.

This happens for seemingly any route that uses layers. I've experienced it on West Cornwall, London Commuter and Dresden - Riesa off the top of my head.
    An example on London Commuter, I start in a 387 at Brighton- It'll load in as it isn't a layer, but the shunter outside doesn't appear and neither does the 313 in the sidings. If I was to load into a 166 then I'd spawn some distance away from the starting station. The layers won't load on the first start up.

If I load the service a second time, the layers- including the Shunter appears outside Brighton along with the 313 in the sidings. If I loaded in a 166 then the spawns me as it should.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1