PlayStation Db Br 101 Wheel Slip

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

During the live stream last night, Matt said that if you keep the kilo Newton’s to around 50 (left dial of the two in front), you can avoid wheel slip.

Experimenting with this today, starting off in up to notch 6 will keep the train from wheel slipping. As you get faster, you’ll notice that the left dial will dip below 50, allowing you to notch up on the throttle slightly to keep it around 50.

I’ve found, in the most part, you can gently keep increasing the throttle and by time you reach 120-130kph, you can effectively move into notch 10 (max) on the throttle without any further wheel slip.

Having done these experiments, keeping the throttle within the appropriate range makes driving the DB BR 101 incredibly fun and rewarding. You can’t just ‘grip it and rip it’ as Sam says.

I hope this is how the loco is supposed to work in real life and not a bug that’ll be fixed, because it definitely makes the DB BR 101 a whole new experience.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Yes very great to see you can get a penalty for wheelslip (Most trains in TSW currently don't really have this feature), but the DB BR 101 really is a nice train to operate. While it may feel slow to start, once you get the hang of it it makes for some really rewarding driving experience.

The sounds are great I applaud them and the wheelslip is such a nice feature.
    The coaches are nice too, I love long passenger trains. I prefer passenger trains over freight but having a mix of both is great.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Note keep the Kn below 35 when driving in rain
    To reduce almost most wheelslip

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Glazier

Glazier Member

Below 33 to be precise on speeds 70+ and under 40 below this if I remember my runs correctly in wet weather.
    For dry track - 42 for 70+ km/h and around 50 for lower.

5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Dry
    0-40 = Notch 8
    40-80 = Slowly bring the throttle back to 42kN in this 20 km/h zone.
    80-120 = 42kN
    120-200 = Max throttle

Rain
    0-40 = Notch 6
    40-80 = Slowly bring the throttle back to 32kN in this 20 km/h zone.
    80-120 = 32kN
    130/140-200 = Max throttle

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1