Db Br 182 Afb Bug?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by 37114, Apr 11, 2019.

1. 37114

37114 Active Member

If you turn the AFB on in the 182 it activates a brake preventing you from accelerating until you hit 70% power and then prevents the train from travelling much more than 80mph.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? It's fine with AFB off.

2. Sposschip

Sposschip New Member

Yes, I have experienced that too. If you activate AFB from a standstill, the brake is applied. If you activate AFB while the train is running, it will work, but over time more braking pressure will be applied. Ultimately, the effect is the same, unfortunately.

Edit: never mind. Releasing the Direct Brake solved it for me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to release the direct brake when using the AFB.
    I don't know how this loco's afb behaves irl but this seems weird as it's the only german loco that does this to my knowledge.

4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

id like to know how to activate the AFb. i cant find a switch or button to do this

5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Ctrl-R on PC.

On console, hold the right stick, internal cameras and find the one that says under the left hand side of the desk (can't remember the exact name). You can just about see it by getting out of the chair and crouching under the left side of the desk but the camera is much easier.

Matt.

6. Dave Mel

cheers matt i'll try it on RSN cos i just did a run without it and couldnt find it. i other question i have is do i set the afb handle to 100% like in the BR143

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I presume you mean BR 185.2 rather than 143 as there's no time you need to set the BR 143 handle to 100% unless you want 100% power :)

The startup procedure for AFB on BR 185.2, BR 182 etc is the same. There are two cases.

If you are stopped:
    Throttle handle to 0, AFB handle to 0, Turn on AFB, verify AFB indicator has appeared on the speedometer, move AFB handle to desired start speed, release direct brake if required, apply power.

If you are running:
    Throttle handle to 0, AFB handle to max, Turn on AFB, verify AFB indicator has appeared on the speedometer, move AFB handle to desired speed, apply power.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Dave Mel

yes i mean on the BR185.2 but on the Br143 the afb is automatically set to 100%. so should i set the br 185.2 to 100%