PlayStation Db Br 422 Not Waiting At Station's Sidings On Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-aachen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Martin13, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

First of all, I would like to start by saying that this is not a bug rather something that has been done incorrectly and has an easy fix (by being an easy fix I mean that the solution is known and does not have to be researched). In this post I explaing what the fix is as well.

Problem:

I have noticed that whenever I play a timetable service featuring the ICE 3M from Aachen to Köln there is always a Talent 2 running in front of it that makes the ICE 3M service run at a reduced speed during the high speed section (the high speed section goes from Düren to Ehrenfeld Station just outside of Köln) as well as making the ICE 3M come to a stop towards the end of the high speed section of the line due to a red signal. This, makes it impossible to reach Köln on time as running behind the Talent 2 for most of the high speed section really slows the ICE 3M down.

This, on one hand, is quite frustrating as it makes it impossible to complete the journey on time, and on the other hand, is really unrealistic as high speed passenger services have in most cases priority over any other kind of train.

Solution:
    I have also noticed that when the Talent 2 makes a stop at Horren Bf the ICE is runing only 5 kilometers behind. First, I must clarify that Horren Bf is a station where the passenger platform is on a separate track which allows other trains going in the same direcction to overtake the service that is stopped at the station.

However, this overtake that is supposed to happen never actually does as the Talent 2 instead of waiting 2-3 minutes (maybe even less as 5 km really are nothing when you are traveling at 250km/h) decides to go back on the high speed line making the ICE 3M have to reduce its speed due to the 160km/h max speed of the DB BR 422.

From here on the ICE 3M will have to travel at a reduced speed (mostly between 140 and 170 km/h) finally coming to a stop when encountered by a red signal due to the fact that the Talent 2 makes a final stop on Ehrenfeld Station before arriving at Köln. As I said before, the behabiour of the Talent 2 is completely unrealistic as instead of waiting 1 or 2 minutes (just as it is done in real life) at Horren Bf, makes the ICE 3M slow down and hence making it arrive late at its destination (Köln). Not to mention that by doing so is also defeating the point of having a high speed service because what is the point of having one if it is going to have a slower train in front.

To summarize, in order to resolve this problem the only thing needed is that the Talent 2 services that run in front of the ICE 3M services when going from Aachen to Köln need to stay stopped at Horren Bf for 1 - 2 minutes until the ICE 3M overtakes them in order to allow the ICE 3M to stay at top speed and reach its destination (Köln) on time.

Edit: I would also like to add that this affects all ICE 3M services from Aachen to Köln so you can understand the size of this problem and how benefitial its solution will be.

Edit 2: This problem affects all platforms because as I have said it is not a bug, just something that was done incorrectly or was not taken into account.

Edit 3: I confused the names of the trains. Even tough in the title it says DBBR 422 in this post I talk about the Talent 2. Sorry for the mistake.

Editor's note: As english is not my first language I apologise in advance for any misspelling or any other fault that I might have made during the writting of this post.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No it’s the Talent 2 at Köln Ehrenfeld what makes the ICE to stop at the red signal, but I’m always just in time at Köln Hbf.
    The S-Bahn tracks has nothing to do with the Highspeed and RegionalExpress Train

only the S-Bahn is bugged because they stand head to head on the 1 Track Circle

• Like Like x 1
  3. Martin13

You are abdolutley right, thanks for pointing it out. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote it .

4. Martin13

Do you own all the possible layers for this route??

Do you drive it manually or with LZB??

Regardless, even if you are on time, I think the Talent 2 should wait at Horren Bf just as it is done in real life in order to not slow down the ICE 3M.

5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yes i have all layers
    I don’t drive with PZB, LZB or Sifa

• Like Like x 1
  6. Martin13

That is probably why you do arrive on time, the LZB starts braking really early in order to make a smooth stop (It never goes beyond 25% braking). That is why if you use LZB it is impossible to arrive on time.