Deutsche Reichsbahn Railtour Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dosto762, Jan 29, 2022.

?
  1. Yes, I would buy it

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Depends on who develops it

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. If it was on sale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, not at all

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Recently DTG have been making loco packs and expansions for routes such as Diesel Legends Of The Great Western, RhB Anniversary Pack and the recently announced TSW2 Expansion Pack. So here is another expansion pack this time for Dresden-Chemnitz.

Locomotives:
    This expansion pack features the DRG Class 03 which were steam engines built between 1930 and 1938 as express train locomotives for routes that were only suitable for axle loads of up to 18 tonnes. 298 examples of this engine, whose construction was based on the Class 01, were built by the firms of Borsig, Krupp, Henschel, and Schwartzkopff. This locomotive is preserved at the Dresden Railway Museum,

the BR 232 which were produced in the Soviet Union in Luhansk, Ukraine from the 1970s onwards, and were imported into the GDR. After the reunification of Germany the Deutsche Bahn (DBAG) inherited them and continue to make use of them mainly as heavy freight locomotives. Nicknamed Ludmilla, over 700 units were produced between 1970 and 1982. Two of these machines are classed as works vehicles with the designation Class 754.

You also get to drive the BR 204 if you have RSN and the BR 204 DLC installed.

and Deutsche Reichsbahn passenger coaches, Bghw in DR Green, Ame in DR Cream and Light Green and the WRg Speisewagen in Red.

Services: most services will start at Dresden Railway Museum (DR Class 03 and BR 232 services are identical) and tasks you to couple up to a passenger coach consist then shunt (boiler at rear if in DR Class 03), load passengers at Dresden then drive a semi fast service to Chemnitz or Flöha with Chemnitz services continuing to Zwickau and Flöha services continuing to Nossen. (Nossen is a large depot for storing heratige locomotives such as BR 221s and BR 204s as well as Steam Locomotives. As well as this you also get shunting and other miscellaneous services for example: Run this train into Dresden in preparation for a Railtour to Görlitz. Or: Shunt this light loco into Dresden Friedrichstadt in preparation for a later ECS run.

Layers:
    Now it's to layers and the obvious route would be Riesa-Dresden. Both the BR 232 and the DR Class 03 would be layered with most services being railtours to Nossen via Meißen. But there would also be a twice a day service to Riesa eventually going to Leipzig.

this would be a big DLC with lots of playability so what are your thoughts?

Bghw coach at Dresden Hbf
    Screenshot_20220129-200743_Google.jpg

Ame First Class coach
    Screenshot_20220129-200901_Edge.jpg

WRg Speisewagen coach
    Screenshot_20220129-201112_YouTube.jpg

DR Class 03 (highlight of this DLC)
    Screenshot_20220129-201645_Edge.jpg

BR 232 "Ludmilla"
    Screenshot_20220129-201734_Edge.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Interested in this and I also did a GDR Legends pack that can go hand in hand with this one. You actually forgot the orange and Beige Städteexpress coaches paired to DR BR132 the Ruhr-Sieg Nord DB BR232 original paint job. Both Locomotives need the DB BR612 High Beams because this route will tend to be super dark even with high beams on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

I did not include too much coaches as I would not be very realistic for a TSW2 DLC. We only get 2-3 types of coach in loco hauled consits In TSW2 so I thought to only put 3 types of coach In the suggestion

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

On the technical side the restaurant coach is called a Rekowagen Ame DR-Y Wagen. The Oddity about East German locomotives it's that they are designed to run Freight and Passenger services. If the railtour DR BR132 needs to go Freight working brake should be used. That includes my suggestion which was Bochum dortmund/Hagen route

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd buy such a pack if it isn't limited to one route.

I want German railtour services on several routes.

• Like Like x 1