Developer Blog For Century Of Steam For Comparison

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by operator#7940, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:10 AM.

  1. operator#7940

    operator#7940 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2024
    Messages:
    3,565
    Likes Received:
    3,646
    Game development update 9-28-26



    I found it an interesting discussion of architecture, but also how they design and "optimize" a game for good scenery as well as good performance.

    Great in depth discussion of how they balance the artwork, animation and assets teams to tailor the experience. Goes into a lot of detail on graphics, textures, hardware, etc

    Note that this is not a "full time" project for money, it's a passion project and as such I understand that the level of care and detail for a "for profit" on the clock team would be very costly without that extra time and passion.

    This is why many "smaller" passion projects end up better than the "corporate" stuff.

    Still, a little behind the scenes information to keep in mind.

    They aren't really a "competitor" against TSW since it's a very narrow focus (no pun intended) but game dev is game dev and I found it a revealing look into how different people do things.

    I just figured it was a bit more in depth for discussions beyond the usual "it sucks" or "it doesn't look good enough" or they need to do better!" You can get into more of the detail for better constructive criticism.
     
    • Like Like x 2

Share This Page