Did Dtg Bite More Than It Can Chew?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Perhaps it would be better if DTG start with the lowest common denominator?
    As do I...
    At no point did I suggest Train Sim World was going to change the world. An anecdote is an anecdote - obviously the Rush Hour passenger system won't improve journey times between London and New York. But by principle, the new passenger system is the right thing for the game. On PC, the system has received nearly universal praise. Surely that suggests that the fix for it is by actually fixing it, instead of reversing a year's worth of work? As I said above, maybe the solution is for DTG to change its development practices.

Either way, I don't really care for you or this conversation. You were just as insufferable with the 4.26 update, and it seems that whenever anything goes wrong, you've started nine threads about how much you hate Dovetail, then proceed to continue to buy content for it and play the game. Somehow you've got me on Dovetail's side, and I'm not sure how you've managed that, since I agree with a lot of the points you make. In many ways your like Plastic Pal, constantly making overdramatic or needless threads, except that she occasionally made some very good, constructive points, despite having received an incredible amount of bans. I am sure you have as well somewhere, but it seems that every time you pop up on the forums, it's something bad. I know you didn't start this thread, but it's worth pointing that it contributes absolutely nothing on Dovetail's end. It's just for venting.

Unlike you (I expect), I have not been affected by the London-Brighton situation. I didn't care for the route in Train Simulator and I don't care for it in Train Sim World. It's just too long and boring for me. No variety of stock, no variety of services, and no variety of scenery. The only Rush Hour route I care about is Riesa-Dresden, and that's only because of the beautiful night lighting.

So thank you and goodnight. I am blocking you, not for personal reasons but because I just don't want to talk to you anymore. I am recovering from COVID, have had the worst year of my life, and next year will be even worse. I have far more important things to deal with.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Get better soon mate.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

First of all I don’t start that many threads but I admit I do reply to a few because that’s what forums are for! Yes I vent if things aren’t right but the fact I’ve spent a good few quid on this game gives me EVERY right to do so as a paying customer of DTG. I might also add I’m first to give praise if something deserves it so I’d really appreciate it if you’d stop painting me in a totally negative light just because you don’t like me and the fact I’m prepared to stand my corner when I’m prepared to make points I feel are legitimate to make. You say venting isn’t helpful? It certainly is because it lets DTG know exactly how some of their supposedly valuable customers are feeling and if they have anything about them they will take note. For the record I don’t dislike you I don’t know enough about you as a person to properly make that judgement, but if you can’t stand people having their own take on things then yes you’ve done the right thing to block me. I’m perfectly cool with that.

An anecdote is one thing but surely it has to be relevant and in context unless your objective is just to cause amusement via a little tiny bit of relevance.

Yes it probably does work fine on PC but here’s the thing I’m on PS4 as are many others including those on PS5. We have spent a fair bit of money on TSW2 so we expect to be able to play it! So I’m sorry if this upsets you but yes DTG seriously does need to change its development practices.

Yes I was recently suspended for a week even though it we ME! who was OFFENDED and was only guilty of saying I was and defending why I was. Totally unfair don’t you think?

I didn’t get you on Dovetails side you did that yourself because you love the game and will accept anything they do which is fair enough, but but don’t expect everyone else to feel exactly the same as you especially when when they pay for something that doesn’t work or keeps getting broken by poorly developed updates etc.

You say your not bothered about RH BML? Ok well some of us are bothered about it especially those who bought it or those like me who were looking forward to it but because of the problems feel unable to buy it now. Why are you getting involved in the discussion about it if your not bothered?

As for other insulting points in your reply like comparing me to Plastic Pal whoever that is? Do me a favour and stop making personal insults just because you don’t care for my view on this.

Finally I genuinely hope you fully recover from Covid 19.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I can understand the idea of rush hour. Empty stations during busy times for me was immersion breaking. There were some who wanted to see more passengers in stations and not ghost town stations. I don't live in London but I'm sure London Saint Pancreas International Station isn't a ghost town at 4:57PM. I am glad that they wanted to increase passenger numbers but the problem is that the optimization of this game is still not good. They been talking about improving optimization but it seems they still have alot of work to do.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Just to add a bit of balance, since you've included us in your thesis - I'm on PS5 and, while it's not perfect (what new TSW release has been) I've been playing BML quite a lot since it launched and really enjoying it. It's a bit slow at London Victoria, sure, but once you're moving, it's as smooth as it needs to be and there's loads of traffic with side-by-side running a pleasingly regular occurence.

• Like Like x 2
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

But what defeat? DTG is simply trying to make the game better and better, adding value to it. And I underline TRYING. They are not always going to get everything right the first time.
    But I'd rather they have these failures than give us the same thing over and over again, leaving the game stagnant. The Rush Hour concept is a good one, it feels much more immersive with more traffic and passengers and it's something the community has asked for on multiple occasions, so I think it's unfair to blame them for wanting to innovate and evolve their product.

What I do think they need to do is learn from their mistakes and try not to make them again. Rush hour has probably had many since they decided to announce it but that's what life is all about, making mistakes and learning to keep improving. And even though I sometimes get angry about some failed releases like the last BML and their continuous crashing, I thank them for the effort they are making.
    And it's not all bad, Riesa-Dresden is a gem and for me the best thing they have done so far in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  7. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m not saying they should abandon Rush Hour forever or stop trying to improve the game. I’m saying they should put it on hold whilst they work out a way to make it work before releasing it and stop it from breaking other routes that used to work perfectly fine, and whilst they work all that out put some things temporarily back to how they were at least on PS4 so we can enjoy and play the dam thing without all these frustrating and annoying things happening

I dunno how much clearer I can be on this? I also don’t think it’s an entirely unreasonable request? Certainly not one that should attract the personal flack I just received.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Given that there already are discrete seperate versions of BML for the PS4 and PS5 it would not be that hard to tweak the PS4 version to make it usable whilst keeping all the bells and whistles for the PS5 version.

• Like Like x 4
  9. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I wholly agree with this. Dresden did crash on me twice so I'm staying away from it for now, and I actually think I'm going to play another game entirely for awhile while everything gets sorted out but I will be coming back, I just need a break from all the recent frustration.

• Like Like x 4