Diesel And Steam

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Dom Whibley, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

Hi Dovetail.
    I'm sure you've previously been informed about the issues regarding the reverser when you are driving a double header of both a diesel and a steam locomotives. (where you are unable to move the reverser in the steam locomotive while coupled to a diesel, once you are moving) This has been an issue for as long as I remember. I'm, guessing it has something to do with the code behind the diesel, as the reverser cannot be moved while moving and that therefore the game is using this from the diesel when you are driving a steam locomotive. This bug means that you either have to sacrifice speed and start with the reverser high, or sacrifice acceleration and leave the station like a snail with the reverser lower. What am I supposed to do if I want to create a rail tour with diesel assistance or create a 1960's double header consisting of mixed traction? Please fix this issue as it causes so many issues.

Dom

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Annoying, but there are some things the sim just can't do, and some problem DTG just won't solve. I think this is probably something to do with the "can't do" part rather than the latter. I don't doubt the interaction between power types is a complex beast to program