Diesel Legends Of The Great Western Aka Blue Plack Available Now

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ralphy_porter2000, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ralphy_porter2000

ralphy_porter2000 Active Member

The usual 10% off so as per new release convention so dont expect it to be in the MM sale again as per convention.
    I do now get the concept and as I mentioned elsewhere and will buy it at the right price, but that isnt now. Looks good but no class 20 or 43 -and I am speculating off hints- due to no license.
    I wish they had waited for them as it is less likely they will be added later :( and the pack makes a lot more sense with them for immersion and I would have payed more for that.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Are the services layers from TVL, NTP, and the Heavy Freight Pack included yet or coming in a patch?

I look forward to finding some interesting service mode runs here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphy_porter2000

ralphy_porter2000 Active Member

IIRC TVL yes, NTP also yes...HFP Patch coming.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

TVL doesn't actually do anything for the pack, it's the Class 31 that adds the layer, but TVL is required for the 31. BR HEavy Freight layer will come later.

I've seen a lot of calls for loco DLCs to layer onto other routes, but people then complain about it when it does happen...

Either way, I honestly think this is going to kick-start DTG into making loco DLCs independent like in TS1.

• Like Like x 2
  5. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Shame there are no freight services included.

6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The class 43 would need a large amount of work to put it back to it's 1970's guise, some re-modelling, new sounds and re-modelled interiors, they only worked alongside the Westerns very briefly, which of course isn't necessarily a problem. The class 20 would not have been seen in that area, forays onto the Western region would have been quite rare, certainly between Reading and Paddington, again that might not be an issue for individuals.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

as per usual DTG have only done half a job.
    1. try running any of the Class 52 services that start at 0:00 (first ones in the list) you will spawn without your loco at a random station
    2. The class 52 is barely raildriver compatable (lights and such dont work)
    3. the class 47 is not raildriver compatable
    4. Class 45 is not raildriver compatable
    5. Class 31 is not raildriver compatable
    6. on timetable screen it states Greatwestern 0/339 (when I have done over 200) shouldn't it say 200/339 same with the 70's pack. it states 0/259 when I have completed an handful of them shouldn't it state 3/259 its confusing
    I really don't think working from home is working and the sooner they are back in the office the better

8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Regarding 2. Lights works for me on the 52. Have you tried re calibration?

Regarding 3,4,5 The class 47,45 and 31 are not part of the pack. They are layers from other preserved collection packs. They never said raildriver support was coming for these. Only the 08, 52 and 101 and they were pretty vague about that.

In any case Raildriver support is only a beta at the moment. There is quite a lot not working, such as AWS acknowledge and Map buttons, but as a beta it’s pretty useable.

9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

They do for me. They are on the range switch I think or the one next to it (sorry my stickers are worn away and I can’t remember which one is which)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1