Euro Fishing Difference Between Rod Actions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transparo21, Jan 29, 2018.

1. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Hi fellow anglers. I am wondering what's the difference between rod actions and whether they impact to fish play or style of fishing?

In the game there are :
    1) Slow
    2) Fast
    3) Progressive

Cheers.

2. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Can't say I have ever noticed any difference from the varying rod actions. But maybe that's because I leave casting set to basic.

3. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

a few more thousands TP to buy a new rod. Guess I'll find out soon :)

4. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I too don't see much difference apart from cast distance when comparing rods.

5. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Makes no difference in this game

• Like Like x 1
  6. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Got a new rod, haven't notice any difference apart from aesthetics. and distance of cast. Also Shorter ones might be easier to cast in smaller margins and longer ones for large area lakes. But that's about it

7. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Yeah small lakes like Digger , Observatory I only use 11ft rods nothing more , and in the very small places like L'Arene I only use 10ft and never longer than that. I actually can't think of a place that needs the 13ft rods as almost all lakes you have to fish close to shore to get any good results anyway. There are rarely good results far out in the lakes. The only exception is Foundry Dock's hot spot across the hotel where you need to reach 70 yards. But 12ft rod is fine for that. I actually don't see the point of creating big beautiful open lakes like St. Johns , Manor Farm and Le Lac and then you go and stuff all the fish in at 20 yards from shore. Then you might as well just created 10 Digger Lakes or L'Arenes and just put different fish in each.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  8. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

I agree, I like the 12' foot rods best for everything other than smaller lakes. I don't see much difference in rod action except for it seems that slower rods don't make your drag tention bounce around quite as much while rod is raised fighting a fish. But even that is minimal. I chose rod length for the lake I am heading to, then put together gear that I think looks cool lol