Difference Between Train Simulator And Tsw/tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IfICanDream, Feb 11, 2021.

1. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I have TSW and TSW2 and have wondered what the difference is with Train Simulator? Does it have the same add-ons, too?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

scroll to the bottom ;) here

3. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

That really doesn't tell what the difference between the two games is, though. That's what I was wondering about.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

TSW2:

more complex and challenging physics (adhesive eg.)
    better graphics (SPG remaster eg.)
    in my case - better performance and stability (just a little, few fps more)
    if U like German content - SKA and HMA routes are pretty superb (HMA PC version is really good)
    feels better in many ways
    but... this is just Unreal Engine updated version incarnation, to be honest - still, a better game than TSW1/2020
    RailDriver support
    upcoming TrackIR support
    and so on...

BR o7

5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Adding to this, preserved routes from the old TSW will get improved and upgraded on the Tsw2 platform (for example working passenger information screens are being added to some of them right now) , on the tsw2020 platform every route will stay as it is and won't receive any update or new content.
    If you can get the Tsw2 bundle at a discount price, there is really not much (if at all) that you can hold against it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Major difference is that TSW is a kind of RPG, you are first person. You can enter or dismount from any loco, explore the world on foot, be a driver or passenger etc. In TS20XX you are the train that is preselected for you. It's still a great game, but with much less role-playing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021