Discussion On German Signalling Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RagingLightning, Aug 22, 2020.

1. RagingLightning

RagingLightning New Member

In the hope, this will become a central place for discussions and feedback for that stream.

Me personally I have one little comment about the PP-Presentation;
    when teaching about the signals, on the slide with the four signal heads, the last one (which is a Vr1 with a white light above it) is described as a signal with shorter stopping distance. In reality, since it is part of the H/V-signalling system, a light above marks a repeater. This is different on the Ks-signalling system, where it would mark a signal with shorter stopping distance. I would love to see a differentiation between the two signalling systems in use on this route (H/V and Ks)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The white light can mean two things:
    - reduced distance to the main singal (on non-repeater singals)
    - repeating signal
    In the H/V system the indicator means a reduces distance, if the signal is equipped with Ne 2 (Distance Signal Plate). If it has no Ne 2, it means it is a repeating signal.
    In the Ks system, there are two seperate indicators for this. If the indicator is above the main (coloured) aspect, it means a reduced distance. If the indicator is below the main aspect, it means it is a repeating signal.

• Like Like x 1