PlayStation Dlc Updates Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Mar 5, 2019.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

I’m not sure if this has been asked before but given that DTG seems to like getting new DLC out every couple of months I was wondering how far in advance do they plan their upcoming releases?

Do they have it all mapped out for the year or do they work with just the next few DLC’s in mind and when the latest DLC is live they then move more resource on to the next DLC and plan for the DLC after that?

I guess it’s hard to have a “road map” given licences and whatnot but I’m just curious to see how far in advance they’re working for us.

Maybe TrainSim-Dmitri could answer?

Thanks,

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well we know that they have several DLC´s in production at the same time. A few months ago they had 3 DLC in the production (those 3 have been released by now). So they do plan in advance, but its hard to tell how many people work on each DLC and so on.
    Maybe the CM, that you mentioned, is allowed to give a bit more insight but i doubt it.

3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hmmm, thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a direct answer, but just keep in mind that there are different stages of the development that you can consider as 'working on a DLC': from scouting the area and taking photos to licensing and actually developing and fixing bugs, the process is lengthy. Also remember that 'DLC' is anything from routes to individual locos in case of TSW, and in case of Train Simulator it also includes scenario packs, liveries etc :) There definitely isn't just single one DLC in the pipeline, but it's not too far ahead in the future. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 3
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1