Does Dtg Know How Bad Rsn Is On Xbox One S?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Del, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Del

Del New Member

(I know some people are bothered by criticism of something that they themselves like. I don't mean to take anything away from your experience of the game by registering my dissatisfaction with mine. I bought this game and three additional routes. I have a right to voice my complaints. I'm not doing so because I take pleasure in complaining; I want the game to be better.)

Every time I play this game, it disappoints me more and more. RSN, whatever it's like on PC, is the laggiest route in this game on Xbox. (Well, other than NEC, perhaps, but who even tries to play that route?) On RSN, you always feel like you're going half the speed the speedometer tells you you are going. If you have the misfortune of passing another train, things get even worse. If you encounter a train when you're coming into a station, the lag can be so awful that it throws off your braking: you cannot gauge your speed by sight at all. So much for the illusion.

After reading the patch notes for the latest update and seeing that improvements were supposed to have been made which would stop things from popping in and would improve optimization, I loaded up the game again, hoping that for once I might be able to play this game and think about trains instead of game development and how irritating half-baked things are. If anything, things are worse now. I noticed more things popping in than I had before and the lagginess, though it was bad before, seemed even worse.

LIRR was the last dlc I will buy from DTG until they fix this half-working game. They have to audacity to charge such high prices for single locos on such poorly optimized routes — unbelievable nerve. The price would seem high even if everything was buttery smooth. It's very far from that. Perhaps the german routes are better on PC. On Xbox, RSN is a mess. I don't dare try MSB. As a rail fan who would love nothing more than for this game to work well, for it to run smoothly, I am extremely let down by DTG's failure to take care of the basics here, before they start churning out overpriced dlc. On the one hand, I am the ideal customer for them: I have enough money to afford their dlc, and I'm a train lover. But the enjoyment keeps being overshadowed by irritation / disappointment.

I never would have thought that the most enjoyable train experience I'd have on xbox this year would be in an FPS game, Metro Exodus, rather than in Train Sim World. But it's true: in that game, i was enjoying watching things go by, enjoying the sense of speed — not a hint of lag to disturb the illusion. Despite the excellent train modeling that DTG does and the under-the-hood simulation, which i'm sure a lot of effort has been put into, the game has never managed to give me the sense that I could sit back, not think about the workings of the game, and enjoy the ride the way I could in Metro Exodus. Apples to oranges maybe, but I learned something about what DTG wasn't achieving through that comparison.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Well rest assured you're gonna get plenty of downvotes from the fanboys on here, but you definitely won't get one from me. DTG is known for rushing production even on PC. Actually it's worse for you. If you were on PC, people would just tell you to get a better machine or upgrade your current one. But you're on a console and you can't easily mod a console like you can a PC. The only thing I can suggest is to close any apps or downloads or whatever else may be running in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Try hard resetting the console. (Hold the power button until it turns off (usually around 10 secs). That's clears the cache and could help the game stream the map better

4. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

The s has less space. Do you think that might be the problem? RSN and NEC both run smoothly on my Xbox. But I also bought a 4tb hard drive.

5. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that DTG would notice such issues so the performance of your Xbox is probably not as good as it should be. Have you tried to clean up your console? Overheating can cause performance decrease.