Doncaster To Hull

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Nov 16, 2020.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I am now getting on in years and the chances of seeing two of my favourite train rides being featured in TS2021 are diminishing Lol.

As has been pointed out there is no Carnforth to Carlisle via Workington/Maryport route available.
    the other route is Doncaster to Hull, I have it in Trainz but i wonder is is available anywhere for TS2021 maybe as an extension to the East Coast Main Line?.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

The Cumbrian Coast Line is currently in development by On Track Simulations. There's also an incomplete one on the Workshop ([pjt] Morecambe Bay (Furness Line) that goes as far as Cark I think... can't remember now.

Doncaster to Hull I've never seen, no... but it's literally a straight line for about 12 miles... then a right turn... then a straight line for another 15 miles or so.. doesn't look very exciting. The only branch extension going in that direction (that I know of) is to Selby as part of ECML Modern.

Fingers crossed there'll be a Cumbrian Coast Line soon though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. michael hooley

That is great news Pookeyhead, as for the Doncaster to Hull Line being straight, that applies to many routes, it is i train ride i found very interesting, after the port of Goole it followed the river Humber all the way to Hull and of course the spectacular Humber Bridge.

Mike

4. Pookeyhead

That Workshop route actually goes all the way to Barrow... but the scenery gives up the ghost about halfway. The OT Sim one that Tom is working on will be the whole thing.

I have never ridden that route to Hull, so I've no idea what it looks like. I suppose it's personal. I love driving along the fylde line, even though I live here.. do it in real life regularly, and it's also not very interesting LOL.

5. Pookeyhead

6. Pookeyhead

It gives no indication of what progress has been made though, and there's no documentation.... you download a .exe file. I've scanned it with BitDefender and Norton... seems clean, but I've no idea what it installs.

Also.. the only thing there I do not have as a requirement is "Just Trains NL folder"... and I have no idea what that is, or whether I have it. I have nothing listed in the DLC manager for that... it says "folder" though... slightly baffled by that.

in fact, nothing I see there inspires confidence LOL I'm fully backed up so I'll go ahead and install it... see what happens.

7. Pookeyhead

Oh well.. it does literally nothing. I do not have any new routes... not in QD.. not in scenarios... not even when I check my routes list in TS Tools or TS Info...

8. michael hooley

Thank You Pookeyhead. what a poor website. no wonder the route is going nowhere if they apply the same effort into producing it..

Maybe it is best if it has been abandoned, which is the most likely scenario.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member