Don't Be A Slave To Journey Mode...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Jan 19, 2023.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Discoveries so far on my "Festival Of Germany"...
    G6 layer on Bremen to Oldenburg.
    110 on HMA - yeah baby!

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That's also happens on Nahverkehr Dresden DB Baureihe 110.3 VVO Doppelstockwagen 767.2 766.2 780 785 sadly you can't drive it from the 767.2 766.2

3. OldVern

A 110 on Dresden to Riesa, definitely speaks my language! Not too worried about the 766/767 Dostos as I dislike driving from them, though the N-wagon cab car is superb, the author did a great job capturing the sounds such that you don't mind not having the traction thrash.

I suppose technically if I'm doing a week or two week German railtour in TSW I should be using MSFS to jump between the various locations in my Cessna or micro plane, though maybe that's being a bit pedantic!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Chapter - Headcode - Instruction
    Glass and a half - 5P15 - prepare unit and drive to LTV
    Blinded by the lights - 5U11 - prepare unit and drive to four oaks
    Black over Bill's Mother's - 5U02 - prepare unit and drive to four oaks

5. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Looks to be exactly the opposite. The journeys have all the parts, in the right order, while the timetables have them mixed up with other timetable services, and two legs of the Nora Turn are not in the timetable at all.
    journey.png timetable.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

So far I've always avoided the journey mode. It has changed since TSW3 and the dynamic weather, as well as the current dark season. Also because I now have to start all over again on the new PS5. So I thought it would be a good idea to finally use the Journey mode to see if and what surprises it offers.

TSW3 on PS5 now means Journey Time! Am curious...

7. I've never ventured into journey mode. Does it have anything more to offer than randomly picking routes, scenarios or services myself?
    I generally start tsw and depending what mood I'm in... like do I want to slowly make my way through the winding gradients of Clinchfield or enjoy the views of cajon pass. Jump into a busy time table on bcc or bml. Thrash some ancient British diesel over the penines etc etc.

8. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Whoops, you're absolutely right. Memory is a funny thing, isn't it?

9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I've also recently been enjoying both the BR 110 and 101 across several German routes - I highly recommend the 110 on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen (SKA), especially for using this loco under LZB which, without AFB, is certainly a challenge! I've put a couple of recent service recommendations with 110 in the 'Awesome Services' thread if interested.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. OldVern

110 also puts in an appearance on HRR, it's a busy little bee. Kind of hoping it turns up on RSN and DCZ, too.