Don't Miss The "scenarios" Available On Tsw2020 Pages At Steam

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Feb 6, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Editor-schmeditor! Newly crafted scenarios are available on the TSW2020 pages at Steam's TSW2020 pages: select Train Sim World 2020 and then the Guides page. Right now, nickhawk has two scenarios available: one that requires mods (links and clear installation instructions provided) and one that does not. The latter involves Class 66 shunting at Acton and is much more enjoyably complex than any of the currently available official scenarios or [timetable] sessions. To run it, I slid the instructions over to my second monitor so I could check them easily as I ran TSW on my main monitor. I also copied the instructions, including nickhawk's excellent screenshots, to a PDF file that I'll be happy to post here if someone will tell me how.
    I have not tried his Shunting at Ruhr-Sieg scenario yet, but intend to do so soon.
    Just to clarify how these scenarios work, they consist of a set of instructions to be followed, usually accompanied by illustrative screenshots. Class 66 Shunting at Acton begins with more or less hijacking a passenger train in the Down the Line scenario and driving it as far as Acton before leaving its cab and entering the cab of a Class 66 parked in the Acton Yards. Curiously enough, I was never asked whether I wanted to give up driving that passenger train, which just sat idly by while I handled the shunting activity.

These ersatz scenarios display great creativity both in finding a place in a route where engines and wagons are available and then figuring out the possible shunting activities. The ones I've tried have all surpassed DTG's official activities and prove that imagination and creativity more than surpass simply griping and yammering continually about the lack of the editor that DTG is quite obviously working diligently to create for us. Do't miss them!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yes please. It would useful for us console-ers who haven't got steam.

Hit the upload a file button and select the PDF(s) in the file menu, click ok and then post reply. I think that should do it. You can also add text of course.

Testing. Yep that works. I can click on the PDF below to open it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020