Dosto Startup Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by vpeter, Dec 3, 2021.

1. vpeter

vpeter New Member

Hello!

I am always having problems starting Dosto/Doppelstock control cars (e.g. in Dresden-Riesa or in Hagen-Finnentrop) after taking them over from an AI driver. The vehicle ends up in a peculiar state in which it does not seem to be able to get power. The crucial part is probably that when taking the train over, the pantograph of the locomotive is down and I've found no way to raise it, neither from the locomotive, nor from the control car, even after completely powering off and restarting both.

The tutorials of both the Dosto and the BR 146.2 work correctly with the pantograph raising as appropriate.

Has anybody encountered this issue? Do you have any tips for me or a link to a proper startup procedure?

Thanks!

2. cattivo

cattivo Member

Whenever I get into one of those locomotives my startup procedure is...

Reverser to forward, raise pantograph and close MCB then brake key to on (I think - but change it from where it is currently set). This is what I do on a timetable run, so don't know whether that is different from your issue, but hopefully it helps.

The important thing I think is reverser to forward before anything else.

3. vpeter

vpeter New Member

This procedure works when starting a new timetable from a terminal station but not when taking a train over at an intermediate station from an AI driver. The weird thing is, manipulating the pantograph and the MCB produces the correct changes on the on-board displays (so inside the loco it looks as if the pantograph were up) but the pantograph of the locomotive never actually raises, no matter if I try it from the Dosto control car or the loco itself.

I am attaching a savegame of Dresden-Riesa, change the extension to .sav, overwrite your own savegame with it (you'll probably have a different username suffix) and try getting the control car to move... I hope this approach of transferring a savegame works.

Attached Files: