Dovetail Games Publisher Weekend

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Jan 17, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Everyone loves a sale right? Well you don’t have to be a DTG customer very long, both TS1 and TSW, to know that Sales keep on coming around. To be honest I’m not sure I’ve ever bought anything at full price from the Steam store. Now the third party vendors tend to be more parsimonious so I’ve bought full price from them.

It even seems that the Marketing department is running out of reasons for the sales - ‘how far we’ve come in the last decade’?

It’s hardly a marketing secret that if you continually discount your wares people think that the normal non-sale price isn’t the real price. Constant sales also have me looking through and ignoring the 30% off items. After all it’ll be 50 or 70% off at some point won’t it. And the thing with DLC no one really needs to buy it today. You can always wait for the ‘right’ price.

Rather than constant sales has any thought been given to just dropping the ‘everyday’ prices?

I know this sounds a little churlish but constant discounting generally becomes a race to the bottom and not one that ends well.