PlayStation Dresden - Poorly Tested And Full Of Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by AGoodJudge2, Sep 12, 2021.

1. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

I'm sure these points have been covered in other threads, but frankly I can't be bothered to read them. I do hope you'll understand.

1/ I have yet to reach Dresden while driving a train, as the service always crashes around 1-2 miles away from the destination. This is PS4 Pro if anyone is interested. It's not restricted to any particular kind of train, or even the direction of travel. There are crashes at the same point when heading towards Riesa too.

2/ There are multiple examples of the player choosing a timetabled service from the menu and then finding themselves miles away from the train on foot at a random destination. Was no-one sufficiently interested in the product they were releasing to pick this up?

3/ Set-up time at the start of a service is absolutely atrocious. Spawn in an ICE, for example, and your train is due to leave in 40 seconds. That's how long it takes to load. By the time the doors have closed and you're able to move, it's nearer 50 seconds and you're late already. Even worse is the Talent - you're due to leave in 15 seconds. Why? That's even too little time for the passengers in the game to board the train, let alone for you to set up the train. These things aren't a problem for the AI when it's driving trains, so of course any testing which was done wouldn't have noted it as an issue. As long as the AI can set up a train in 15 seconds, who cares whether the player can? They've already paid after all.

4/ Trying to take over an AI service which is about to leave in a few minutes doesn't really help either. At the moment the service begins you're told to open the doors and AI turns off all the controls - pantograph, battery, everything. Complete nonsense.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've made some good points, but frankly, I can't be bothered to read them. I'm sure you'll understand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

(and deleting your comment doesn't make the responses to it all go away) ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mailerdemon

mailerdemon Member

Can't comment on the first two points as I haven't encountered them (yet?), but I wholeheartedly agree with points three and four raised by the OP!

You have mere seconds to get moving -- about as long as it takes to wander down the corridor on the 143 and start looking for the Sifa switch. Then when cab is ready, doors opened and closed, headlights set to white and on, brakes released, waited some more before the throttle finally accepts input, I'm already minutes behind schedule and haven't even left the first station.

I know it's called Rush Hour, but surely that doesn't mean that the driver has to rush through the prefight checks like a maniac? This is annoying to the point of me not even wanting to explore the route any more after four or five attempted service runs.

Not helping are those Objective Complete! banners that keep popping up across the screen after every single step. Other routes that I've played don't do that, so why this one?

• Like Like x 1