PlayStation Driving Without Hud Is Not An Option On Ps4 Pro.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JanR, Jul 27, 2018.

1. JanR

JanR New Member

hi. great game as long as you drive with the HUD on. As a realistic simulation and driving without the HUD is not an option. you do not see important signals and signs before it is to late to react to them. my suggestions: the draw distance must be increased a lot. we need to see what's coming up in time to brake for stops or speed restrictions. with the HUD on it is ok because every signal and speed limit is displayed on it, but that is an arcadeish way to use TSW. and we need to see the numbers on the speedometer too. very blurry instrument graphics.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello JanR!
    I'm not very experienced with consoles however I am aware that the draw distance is horrible. Same story on PC.
    unless
    you can edit game files. In which case I might suggest tinkering with this:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/a-guide-to-engine-ini-settings.4672/#post-31204

My PC Is capable of running with 20-fold draw distance. If you can succeed with changing that file, then your issues should get fixed.

Hope I could help :)
    Cheers
    Prof

3. JanR

JanR New Member

console don't let you thinker with gamefiles. my ps4 pro get great fps in TSW so maybe the developer could consider to lock it on 30fps. this will free up resources that maybe can be used to improve the draw distance. if I will guess the fps I get now in TSW is well above 40.

4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

It is a shame that we cant drive the trains on PS4 with out the HUD. Ido think it gets in the way when entering a station as the HUD gets in the way for judging stopping distances. After all that box in the top right on the screen tells us what signal is next and how many miles and then yards to the next station.

5. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

When you pull onto the station there is a little highlighted are on the track for the best place to stop too. Your marker for stopping position doesn't get impeded with the hud either, it's always dead centre of the track if you can't see it then re centre the camera