PlayStation Dtg, Take A Very Deep Breath And...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

bro you got my support on this and your very rite they do ignore us and I’ve been dealing with DTG about a year now and I see they made some awesome games but there definitely bugs that need to be fix ASAP I enjoy the LIRR but it’s needs some fixing and editing need to be done ✅ but I get what you said my brother

• Like Like x 1
  2. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

‘Should a smaller team making a niche product for a small audience be held to the same standards as EA or Activision?’

Plenty of small teams making good games content. Look at a franchise like Xplane and the size of the team that look after the base product Laminar. Much smaller that DTG and leverages the franchise with third party developers.

As for consoles on the ‘Worth a buy’ thread I wrote

‘TSW opened up train simulation to console users and that I think in the end will be it’s most notable achievement’

So I recognize that, but it doesn’t eliminate the other issues.

incidentally posting things like

‘and how we all are going to make a lawsuit’

Doesn’t help your argument because you’ve just made that up. But should DTG be concerned when people ask for refunds on Steam? Yes.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Regardless of the size of the dev team software should be released when it’s FINISHED, not shoddy to a deadline and unfortunately that’s what DTG’s do, they release unfinished software and then put it on the back burner to fix at a later date, maybe except for critical fixes,

• Like Like x 3
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Yes.

Ask someone who is giving them special sympathy.

I wouldn't want to presume about how they work either. Although I do work for one of the biggest, so I know how one of them manages at least.

I don't recall writing the words 'leading edge games development' anywhere, so I guess I answered that before you even asked. Spooky.

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Technically maybe not (although Forza simulates 400+ far more complex physics settings every second for 24 cars without any problems and a good A.I. of a shooter is far more complex as well) but the point is...
    ... for many costumers there is actually a comparison indeed. TSW is and remains a videogame and therefore has to face its competitors there, whether that may be fair or not.

And compared to them the TSW DLC are very high prized. For that amount of money you raise certain expectations amongst costumers that are not fulfilled at all at the current state. In fact, the actual value of each DLC with so many issues may be around 30% of what it's now.

Bug fixing takes FAR too long (for every route you can easily find 10 issues that are likely to be fixed within one workday, yet they aren't), console testing doesn't work at all due to the countless issues with every single release since TSW2 and that leads costumers to have a look to its competitors. There might be no other train sim for consoles but many other games instead and hardly any of them has as countless issues as TSW2 has at the moment. There was a saying of Fallout 76 during its release days but that was pretty much all.. and meanwhile we reached a point where you choose carefully whether we spend our money on a premium product which isn't premium at all at the moment.

... and with the upcoming years in mind, is it really a good idea to continue this policy which leads to a constant decline of long term costumers when 50%+ of your companies income is generated by state aids instead of sales? With covid and Brexit in mind and a high risk of UKs finances getting shooter, which aid would you expect to be cut first? Something like for the the NHS or supplyments for an industry that really is not necessary for our life? Therefore it has to be a goal for every company just in order to secure its survival to reduce the dependency of state aids as much as possible. As much as I respect the 'if you don't like it, don't buy it' policy, this is more a matter of circumstance instead of productive customer relationship management.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

‘Although I do work for one of the biggest, so I know how one of them manages at least.’

You’re employed?

Spooky.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I am locking this thread, it has sadly devolved into nothing more than name calling and a shouting match between each other.

Please remember everyone is allowed a difference of opinion, but there is no need to attack one another if it doesn't match your own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.