Dtg, Yellow Card

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, May 13, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I agree. I like Adam‘s approach of getting RT up to TSW standard with layering and substitution. The issue is not what Adam wanted to do, but rather what he ended up delivering. We should wait for next Tuesday though before discussing this further, I think.

While I can‘t speak for the community, I don‘t mind the 112 being modeled. A route should always ship with what‘s running there in real life. I think the issue is not just the 112 being very similar to the 143, but the general lack of new rolling stock. Usually, we tend to get at least one new car for a route, but not this time. Couple that with the fact that inappropriate DoStos are used and then pile on top that the 112 is similar to the 143. That‘s where the complains are coming from, me thinks. I said before in a different thread that I believe Hamburg - Lübeck is being killed by a thousand cuts - in the same way, I believe people being annoyed over the 112 being modeled are not really mad about the 112 being chosen, but rather about the entire lineup of rolling stock for Hamburg - Lübeck.

• Like Like x 7
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree the decision to use the 112 is fine, the problem is the bad modelling of the loco itself, the fact it uses the same (still bugged - and sub par compared to TSW2020) sounds, and using the MRCE 182, again, worse than the TSW2020 182, why not make any other freight loco, for example a Vectron?

• Like Like x 5
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That doesn't help. All it shows is that on the eve of release the route was full of bugs- not little, trivial bugs but huge, major bugs - and DTG were fully aware but they went ahead and released it anyway

• Like Like x 3
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

And... harking back to our "unicorn" discussion on a different thread.... this is the feature (software releasing with major bugs, obvious in the first few minutes of play by any "person on the street") that 98.7% of my software collection doesn't have. It's just TS 2012, TSW, TSW 2, and Fallout (which has now just returned to extreme bugginess...)..... Oh, and I found a counter-example to my "my indie games tend to have good QA" argument.....: Doll's House is a complete horror show... not because of the horror theme... but because of the horrific build.... If you see this game then whatever you do, do not buy it..... the more you buy rubbish like that, the more you will be encouraging the developers to make more of it.

Anyway - I am glad that we are now both singing from the same hymn sheet, so to speak. Sales of Hamburg-Lubeck, at the top dollar price, are likely to be severely impacted by the lack of QA undertaken.... so this is another case of....

No QA = Less Money

Hopefully, DTG's new QA person will insist that QA is done before future products are released, and so create the situation for DTG where:

More QA = More Money

• Like Like x 3
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A classic example: Assassin's Creed Unity. Probably the ur-example of a ridiculously, unplayably bugged AAA release- at least until Cyberpunk broke the record.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well if he does hopefully that means changes will come

• Like Like x 1
  7. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

As usual, a large part of the problem here is communication, or lack thereof. I raised a ticket for a scenario in SPG, got an acknowledgement, then nothing. On checking the Kayako site, I discovered that the ticket had been closed as 'resolved' - no comments given. The reply I got when I asked if they were ever going to tell me what was the resolution was the following:-

'Unfortunately, the issue you have reported cannot be resolved remotely through a ticket. We would like to thank you for help in bringing this issue to our attention, but now the issue will be prioritised and flagged for further investigation by the development team. There are many contributing factors to consider before an issue can be resolved. Therefore, we are unable to provide an update or timescale on individual issues.'

They really could be working on this, but long experience with software support tells me that a ticket closed as 'resolved' is the dev version of the Scotch Mist file. Good luck getting any input from DTG on a bug-tracking app.

• Like Like x 2
  8. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

That's a commun mail that everyone has already received in his life :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I own all German DLC, except Hamburg-Lübeck, and the 112 wasn't even close to being the main reason I didn't buy HHL. For me there were a thousand reasons, with the glitches resulting from having the wrong Dostos, the lack of new gameplay and the massive PZB issues being the important ones. The lack of new gameplay I could overlook, as the beautifully modelled stations did change the feel of the route enough. However the wrong Dostos combined with the (for me) game-breaking PZB issues (on both the route and possibily the 182 too), combined with questionable scenery and no 'new' rolling stock were too much for me (although I don't mind rolling stock being reused that much, I like the 112 and 182 and the MRCE livery).

• Like Like x 6
  10. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

I sent them a list of 45 bugs on CRR that took me two hours to write, and they tell me the exact same thing. what do you guys want me to explain further??? at least tell me!!

• Like Like x 7
  11. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Have you provided this info on the Forum....? I would very much like to see it all, if you are willing to share.

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let's not argue about such things anymore, at least until the evening. Better to prepare one sensible question for stream :)

• Like Like x 1