Duplicated Class 66 Ews In Gwe Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by geloxo, Nov 22, 2020.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been already commented but I couldn´t find anything using the forum search. I have two EWS liveries in the GWE route (the first and the last in the selection screen) but the services appear to be the same in both. Locomotives also appear to be identical. I don´t have tandem configs or something like that that could explain this extra livery. Is there any difference between the two of them?

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-11-22 22-30-36.png

Cheers

2. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

One should be from ECW

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I believe that one of them is from ECW, which is a slightly updated variation.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Class 66 was upgraded for inclusion in ECW route but that version can also be used in GWE. Apparently the ECW version now spawns in some scenarios in GWE and the differences between the models means the scenarios can’t be finished. Trophies/achievements associated with the GWE version also don’t work due to the ‘wrong’ Class 66 not counting towards them. Which one you get in a scenario appears to be fairly random from what I’ve read on the forum, so some people encounter problems and others don’t.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

Be aware though that the ECW one is bugged (stop sniggering at the back). It won’t refuel, and the DSD doesn’t sound. You’re better off using the original GWE one on this route.

6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I have also noticed now that the first EWS in the list has brake configuration included in the display (allows selection of passenger or goods) while the others not, so I presume that´s the updated version you are talking about.

Cheers

7. hightower

hightower Guest

Yeah, that’s the ECW one.