PC East Coastway-2c09 Timetable Service-signal Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by scoooty27, Aug 24, 2020.

1. scoooty27

scoooty27 New Member

My apologies if someone has pointed this one out already (I've searched to doublecheck but didn't find anything), but there is a quite frustrating bug occurring on the 2C09 Timetable from Newhaven Marine to Brighton starting at 7:00, the one you play in the career mode quite early on.

After passing Lewes, I keep getting a "Passed Signal at Danger" failure message despite there not being any signal, red or otherwise, on the track at that particular moment. I have received the mission failed message all three times while trying to complete the service, first two times somewhere around the motorway bridge between Lewes and Falmer, and then in the tunnel shortly before that, while going significantly slower than before just to ensure I didn't miss anything, which makes me think the failure message gets triggered at a certain point around 7:17.

I'm currently too frustrated to have another go at it, but once I do, and I happen to fail again, I'll try and post a screenshot.

2. phildimitriou

phildimitriou New Member

Am having the same problem but on the PS4. I was using all the safety systems so I don't know if that made a difference but there was no sign of a red light. I've attached some pictures of the problem. Had a video but could not upload it.

Attached Files:

3. scoooty27

scoooty27 New Member

Yup, that first screenshot is the spot where I had the message pop up as well. Funny though, when I did the route this morning, I did not have the bug occur to me anymore, but I did go extremely carefully to really make sure I'm not missing a signal.

4. larenasmatias

larenasmatias New Member

Having the same issue. Don't know how to get pass without failing.

5. d.j.hudson25

d.j.hudson25 New Member

Same issue here on Xb1X. Tried 3 times now, always well under the speed limit and with no signals to be seen. Don’t want to try again as I don’t want to waste another. 20 minutes of my life. Anyone any of ideas? Must be a bug for most surely.

6. Yorkie0362

Yorkie0362 New Member

Same here on PC, very frustrating as this effectively hinders progression on East Coast way

7. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Is this on TSW2 or TSW2020? I know in the past I've successfully completed this on 2020, but not tried it since getting TSW2. So it could be a bug in the "preservation" of the route.

This does remind me of something back in the days of Microsoft Train Sim that this could happen if for some reason an AI service passed a signal, the play would be stopped with this message. Certainly in the video (in the related thread https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-east-coastway-signal-error.26175/ ) you are nowhere near a signal when this error occurs so i wonder if it's something similar

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  8. MarkySparky69

MarkySparky69 New Member

It’s in TSW2

9. n.lang

n.lang New Member

I’m having this issue too... very annoying and I work within the railway industry so understand signalling. Fair enough if the route was preserved and not sold for TSW2 but I paid for it as part of the deluxe version hope this gets fixed... but I don’t have any hope.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

Also getting this issue, I'm guessing it's probably an AI train doing a SPAD somehow and that's why it's so inconsistent, pretty sure the game blames you if any train goes past a signal at danger.

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

12. d.j.hudson25

d.j.hudson25 New Member

Solution - just tried the scenario again without restarting at any point and the bug does not occur. It looks like the bug is related to restarting the scenario unless anyone can confirm otherwise.

Guess it’s pretty accurate to real life then! Lol. Can’t restart in real life can you!?

13. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Did a bunch of research on the issue last night. It's a combination of the dispatcher dropping a red on AI service 2G03 for a few milliseconds as he hits signal T700 at London Road Bridge and 2G03 being like 15 seconds early.

Here's my video giving an in depth explanation. I'll try to submit a ticket ASAP.

[caution by Protagonist - linked video contains language unsuitable for children]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Makes no sense why you get a Green signal at TW8 but it fails the service as a signal passed at danger.

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh thats a interesting bug

16. Quickey

Quickey New Member

Same thing happening on PS4