East Coastway - Missing Speed Limits

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Marc Artigues, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Marc Artigues

Marc Artigues Member

I used to drive in the simulator without helps or with the F1 Disconnected, only with the signals in the trackside, and I found some missing “Morpeth Boards”.

I don’t know if it’s real or not, but, doing the French Connection Scenario, for example:

- Lewes: 20 mph.

- Between Lewes and Seaford Branch Line: 60 mph.

- Southerham Junction: 40 mph.
    No Morpeth Signal in game.

- Between Southerham Junction and Southease Station: 70 mph.

- Southease Station: 60 mph.

- Between Southease and Newhaven Aggregate Terminal: 70 mph.

- Newhaven Aggregate Terminal: 35 mph.

- Between Newhaven Aggregate Terminal and Newhaven Harbour: 35 mph.

- Newhaven Harbour: 20 mph.

It’s impossible to know the speeds ( if you don’t know the route ) and where you must start to brake. Maybe it’s real, and the only way is learning the route.

Thanks.

2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I'm playing east coastway at the moment, also without the help and I'm struggling with the same problems. Anyone got an answer on this? If they are missing or if it's just like in real life? Thanks!

3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Many speed changes in real life do not have Morpeth boards. I'm pretty sure they're only placed at high risk locations or where there is a large speed change. Some speed changes are not even marked at all in Britain. In real life, the driver relies on his route knowledge to know what speed limits are coming up and when to brake. Morpeth boards are just there to remind the driver, not to be relied upon.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Platforms 3,4 and 5 at Lewes are 10mph. 20mph is only applicable for platform 1 and 2.

Newhaven Aggregates is 15mph on the run round road and 5nph in the "yard". Wouldn't want to do the speeds you mentioned above. Would involve a please explain email to my bosses.