Eastcoastway Railtour - Can't Get Going

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyBasher, Feb 8, 2021.

1. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

This is quite possibly user error on my part but I thought I'd try the railtour with the class 40, opened and shut the doors as instructed, waited for the 377 to pass and clear the block, then tried to pull away but nothing happened other than the "fault" light illuminating, and the red box round the throttle indicator in the HUD remained. I'd released all brakes, checked the handbrake, checked again the doors were closed, what have I missed ?

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

have you set the master key and put it in forward?
    I think you also need to have AWS on although that may be coincidence when i palyed it.

It's all well and good the HUD telling you you can't apply power, butit would be nice if it told you in words why.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not sure it's the Class 40, but one of these locos has some sort of isolation switch on the side of the train (outside). It's small and hard to notice. Might need to redo the tutorial of the Class 40.

AWS is optional in all locos.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

yep key in and forward, tried backwards as well just for fun ! I had AWS on as I always do. Thanks for suggestions though

Thanks, I'll take a look outside,. TBH can't remember which route the 40 came with, just people were talking about railtour and I saw the screenshot while loading recognised as Lewes so thought I'd give it a go!

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The class 40 is part of the BR Heavy Freight DLC for Northern Trans-Pennine.

• Helpful Helpful x 1