Ecml - London To York Via Peterborough And Stevenage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ch#7054, Aug 30, 2022.

1. ch#7054

ch#7054 Active Member

This route includes the Class 91 , Class 801 , and Class 43 HST In LNER colours , and the route is 135 miles

• Like Like x 4
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would happily take this over a GW route any day and although longer routes are now possible I think the Peterborough to York section would be the best. The reason for this is that to make all of this work a lot of rolling stock is going to be needed to add some sort of realism as these are very active sections of railway. Also I live along the section between York and Peterborough so its close to my heart.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Peterborough to Doncaster might be more achievable at just shy of 80 miles, much of which is countryside.
    Station stops would be Grantham, Newark NorthGate, Retford and Doncaster for passengers and there's loads of freight on the line as well

The main operator is LNER but EMR and Northern operate trains out of the stations (but none go along the line itself)
    Loads of freight possible on the line
    Additional DLC could be the Hull Trains or Grand Central services on the line, though these tend to run fast from Grantham so would be AI only at Peterborough
    Thameslink operate from PBO so if ever a 700 DLC came out these could be added as AI only at that end of the line