Train Sim World 3 Ecml South: London-peterborough (but Set In Gner Era)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainGeek08, Dec 7, 2022.

1. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Travel from our capital north towards the cathedral city of Peterborough using classic operators in TSW3: ECML South: London-Peterborough

Hello, I would like to suggest the ECML South route for TSW but in the late 1990s to early 2000s when GNER and WAGN were operating and ECML South is a very popular route in TSC in the modern day

Stock included in base route:
    [​IMG]

The British Rail Class 43 'HST' (InterCity 125) (Valenta engine hype :love::love::love:)

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 91 + Mk4 DVT (InterCity 225)

[​IMG]

And the British Rail Class 365 'Networker Express'

Training (In Training Center):
    Class 43 (GNER) Introduction
    Class 91 Introduction
    Class 365 Introduction

Scenarios:
    Screaming Valenta: (Difficulty - 1)
    Drive a 43 from Peterborough to Kings Cross and let that Valenta scream down the ECML

Hornsey Networker: (Difficulty - 2)
    Drive a 365 ECS from Kings Cross to Hornsey EMUD on a rainy and windy day, watch the slippage

Windscreen Shattered: (Difficulty - 4)
    The windscreen on the DVT has shattered prior to arriving to Peterborough so the 91 has to run around to hook up to the DVT, then you drive blunt end to Kings Cross (TSC inspired scenario)

Welwyn Stopper: (Difficulty - 2)
    Drive a 365 from Kings Cross to Welwyn Garden City on a stopping service on a cloudy day

Timetable:
    1997-2006 Working Timetable

Potential DLC, Layers and Stations coming up on Pages 2-4...

• Like Like x 15
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

There's something missing it's the class 319 that runs Thameslink London Kings Cross to Peterborough.

3. TrainGeek08

Page 2:

Potential DLC:
    [​IMG]

The British Rail Class 373 'North of London' sets

[​IMG]

Or the British Rail Class 317 EMU

Layers:
    The Class 313 for stopping services from Moorgate (Finsbury Park) to Welwyn Garden City
    The Class 66 for any freight services on the route

Stations:
    London King's Cross:
    [​IMG]

King's Cross railway station, also known as London King's Cross, is a passenger railway terminus in the London Borough of Camden, on the edge of Central London. It is in the London station group, one of the busiest stations in the UK and the southern terminus of the ECML to Northeast England and Scotland. Adjacent to King's Cross station is St Pancras International, the London terminus for Eurostar services to continental Europe. Beneath both main line stations is King's Cross St Pancras International on the London Underground; combined they form one of the country's largest and busiest transport hubs.

Finsbury Park:
    [​IMG]

Finsbury Park is an intermodal interchange station in north London. It serves a number of National Rail, London Underground and bus services. The station is the third busiest Underground station outside Zone 1, with over 33 million passengers using the station in 2019.

Harringay:
    [​IMG]

Harringay railway station is in Harringay in the London Borough of the same name, north London. It is on the Great Northern route that forms part of the ECML, 3 miles 32 chains (5.5 km) down the line from London King's Cross, and is situated between Finsbury Park to the south and Hornsey to the north. It opened on 1 May 1885.

Hornsey:
    [​IMG]

Hornsey railway station is in Hornsey in the London Borough of Haringey, north London. It is on the Great Northern route that forms part of the ECML, 4 miles 4 chains (6.5 km) down the line from King's Cross, and is situated between Harringay to the south and Alexandra Palace to the north.

Alexandra Palace:
    [​IMG]

Alexandra Palace railway station is on the Great Northern route that forms part of the ECML, and takes its name from the nearby Alexandra Palace in the London Borough of Haringey, north London. It is 4 miles 78 chains (8.0 km) down the line from King's Cross and is situated between Hornsey and either New Barnet on the main line or Bowes Park on the Hertford Loop which diverges from the main line just north of Alexandra Palace.

New Southgate:
    [​IMG]

New Southgate railway station is on the boundary of the London Borough of Barnet and the London Borough of Enfield in north London, in Zone 4. It is 6 miles 35 chains (10.4 km) down the line from King's Cross.

Oakleigh Park:
    [​IMG]

Oakleigh Park railway station serves Oakleigh Park in the London Borough of Barnet, north London, England. It is 8 miles 30 chains (13.5 km) down the line from London King's Cross, in Zone 4. The station is managed and served by Great Northern.

New Barnet:
    [​IMG]

New Barnet railway station is in the London Borough of Barnet in north London, England. It is 9 miles 12 chains (14.7 km) down the line from King's Cross, in Zone 5. The station is managed and served by Great Northern. Oyster pay-as-you-go can now be used to and from this station as well as on the majority of National Rail services in Greater London.

Hadley Wood:
    [​IMG]

Hadley Wood railway station is in the London Borough of Enfield in north London, England. It is 10 miles 46 chains (17.0 km) down the line from London King's Cross, in Zone 6, and serves the suburb of Hadley Wood; it is managed and served by Great Northern.

Potters Bar:
    [​IMG]

Potters Bar railway station serves the town of Potters Bar in Hertfordshire, England. It is located on the Great Northern route 12 miles 57 chains (20.5 km) north of King's Cross on the ECML. Potters Bar station is the highest on the ECML between London King's Cross and York.

Brookmans Park-Hitchin on Page 3...

• Like Like x 5
  4. TrainGeek08

You mean the Class 317 ;)

5. TrainGeek08

Page 3:
    Brookmans Park:
    [​IMG]

Brookmans Park railway station serves the village of Brookmans Park in Hertfordshire, England. The station is located 14 miles 37 chains (23.3 km) north of King's Cross on the ECML, on the stretch between Finsbury Park and Hatfield.

Welham Green:
    [​IMG]

Welham Green railway station serves the village of Welham Green in Hertfordshire, England. It is 15 miles 50 chains (25.1 km) measured from King's Cross on the ECML.

Hatfield:
    [​IMG]

Hatfield railway station serves the town of Hatfield in Hertfordshire, England. The station is managed by Great Northern. It is 17 miles 54 chains (28.4 km) measured from London King's Cross on the ECML.

Welwyn Garden City:
    [​IMG]

Welwyn Garden City railway station serves the town of Welwyn in Hertfordshire, England. It is 20 miles 25 chains (20.31 miles, 32.69 km) from London King's Cross on the ECML. Train services are currently provided by Thameslink and Great Northern.

Welwyn North:
    [​IMG]

Welwyn North railway station serves the villages of Digswell and the town Welwyn in Hertfordshire, England. The station is located 22 miles (35 km) north of King's Cross, on the ECML. Train services are currently provided by Thameslink.

Knebworth: (oh yes, KNEBWORTH!!!)
    [​IMG]

Knebworth railway station serves the village of Knebworth in Hertfordshire, England. It is 25 miles 3 chains (40.29 km) from King's Cross on the ECML. Train services are currently provided by Thameslink.

Stevenage:
    [​IMG]

Stevenage railway station serves the town of Stevenage in Hertfordshire, England. The station is 27 miles 45 chains (44.4 km) north of King's Cross on the ECML.

Hitchin:
    [​IMG]

Hitchin railway station serves the town of Hitchin in Hertfordshire. It is located approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) north east of the town centre and 31 miles 74 chains (51.4 km) north of King's Cross on the ECML. Until the current Stevenage station opened in 1973, many Intercity services stopped at Hitchin.

Arlesey-Peterborough on Page 4...

• Like Like x 3
  6. TrainGeek08

Page 4:
    Arlesey:
    [​IMG]

Arlesey railway station serves the town of Arlesey in Bedfordshire, England. It is 37 miles 3 chains (37.04 miles, 59.61 km) from King's Cross on the ECML. Arlesey is managed by Great Northern, but from December 2019 all services to the station have been operated by Thameslink, due to significant rebranding across their network.

Biggleswade:
    [​IMG]

Biggleswade railway station serves the town of Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, England. It is on the ECML, 41 miles 13 chains (41.16 miles, 66.24 km) from King's Cross. The station is managed by Great Northern, although most services are operated by Thameslink.

Sandy:
    [​IMG]

Sandy railway station serves the town of Sandy in Bedfordshire, England. It is on the ECML, about 44 miles (71 km) from King's Cross. Sandy is managed by Great Northern but all train services are operated by Thameslink.

St Neots:
    [​IMG]

St Neots railway station serves the town of St Neots in Cambridgeshire, England. It is located to the east of the town approximately 1.5 miles from the town centre. It is on the ECML, about 52 miles (83 km) from King's Cross. The station is managed by Great Northern, although most services are operated by Thameslink.

Huntingdon:
    [​IMG]

Huntingdon railway station (formerly known as Huntingdon North) serves the town of Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, England. It is on the ECML, 58 miles 70 chains (58.88 miles, 94.75 km) from King's Cross, and has three platforms: one bay and two through platforms. The station is managed by Great Northern, although most services are operated by Thameslink. During engineering works or periods of disruption LNER services sometimes call at Huntingdon, but there is no regular LNER service from the station.

Peterborough:
    [​IMG]

Peterborough railway station serves the city of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England. It is 76 miles 29 chains (122.9 km) down the ECML from King's Cross. The station is a major interchange serving both the north–south ECML, as well as long-distance and local east–west services. The station is managed by LNER. Ticket gates came into use at the station in 2012.

I hope you enjoyed my first backdated suggestion as much as I enjoyed writing it, join the discussion below and I'll be sure to answer anything you have for me, until next time, see you later :), (well I'll see you below but still :D)

• Like Like x 4
  7. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Do not forget the GNER Class 90 and 89. I am not sure about the 373 Eurostar, due to licensing issues though. Still, good route suggestion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TrainGeek08

They could be the GNER themed DLC in place of the 373 if required :)

9. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

i’d prefer a modern day version tbh

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainGeek08

So would I but I wanted to try something different for a change :)

12. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

yes. just yes

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

This can layer to SEHS Extended by running from St Pancras international platforms to Ashford International.

14. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

maybe if we are lucky we can get the thameslink portal to city thameslink

15. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Not really, you would need the livery and the license to run there so you’re incorrect.

16. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Brilliant suggestion and this route would bring back the many memories I have of the GNER days. The Valenta engines were real beasts and I have sorely missed them so would love to once again be able to experience the sound they made, albeit virtually.

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

I get it now. The question is what would the community do for Class 373 to run on SEHS Extended to take advantage of the 300 kmh speed limit on Ashford to Ebbsfleet?

18. TrainGeek08

That's obviously if licensing permits ;)

19. TrainGeek08

The Canal Tunnels connecting the ECML to St Pancras Thameslink didn't exist at the time of the route being set ;)

20. TrainGeek08

Yep, agreed :)

21. TrainGeek08

Yeah, I wanted to try something different and I thought you'd be impressed with this as Valentas baby :love:

• Like Like x 1
  22. TrainGeek08

Scenario Planner ;)

Someone would have to make an unbranded ES livery for it, post the livery on CC, then make a scenario for it and upload that to CC as well :)

23. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Class 313/1 does these, not 313/2, so more likely a DLC.

24. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

This route has been requested for a long time now. Amd that's how it will shamefully stay. Just a request....

• Like Like x 1
  25. TrainGeek08

Yeah fair point ;)

26. TrainGeek08

I know, that's a pain, many... many people have suggested the ECML/WCML but it hasn't come from TSW yet :(

• Like Like x 1
  27. matt#4801

Haha, yes we don't have any routes from the noughties yet and it was a period of great importance in forming the railway we have now.

• Like Like x 3
  28. TrainGeek08

Yep, this era of the ECML is third best to A4 steam era and Deltics diesel era in my eyes :)

• Like Like x 2
  29. matt#4801

I can't argue with that.

• Like Like x 2
  30. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

I'd say, that is a Great idear i really do agree with it just i dont know if dovetail would do such a big route. well they could because they did London To Brighton Wich is kinda the Size of this route. Cross Fingers. this prob would come in the future with LNER or East Coast Or GNER as you said or something.

• Like Like x 1
  31. matt#4801

It's only about 75 miles mate so not out of the the window, though the amount of stations does make it hang on the edge of the window sill.

• Like Like x 2
  32. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Peterbough could then be networked over into bcc proving cross country and 66 freight services to new st

33. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Umm No The Class 319 Did Operate Through that route. including the 317

34. TrainGeek08

What, from King's Cross to Peterborough, are you sure you aren't getting confused with St Pancras Thameslink ;)

35. TrainGeek08

Well, Peterborough-Cambridge by ATS would be the better option because Peterborough-Birmingham would take an hour or two so some people may find it repetitive or boring ;)

• Like Like x 1
  36. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

yeah same.

37. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

No I'm not getting confused about St Pancras Thameslink with The East Coast Mainline How dare you think that. The Class 319's ran down the line as Thameslink's to kings Cross Cambridge Peterborough Cambridge to Brighton I thought you knew them routes. ofc back in them days it was First Capital Connect but the Class 319's Did ran down that route I've done that in my real time already, so I know for a fact they used to run up and down on there not anymore till this day know.

38. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

75 Miles is not bad look at the Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel - Wurzburg Route Addon 114 Miles. I'm sure dovetail would let the ECML Fit in but it prob will not be for a long time. because of them having other plans.

39. matt#4801

Yes I know 75 miles ain't bad: that was the whole point of my post. I said that the problem would be the amount of stations not necessarily the mileage.
    I believe that they only went on the ECML to go to Hornsey depot and I don't remember seeing them on any ECML passenger services. If you can find some evidence of them on regular GN services do feel more than free to show it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  40. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Didn't you know about the Old Routes Such as Cambridge to Brighton - Peterborough to Gatwick Airport and other kinds of routes ofc this was back in the Network Southeast Days. Ofc now days class 700 do them routes... First Capital Connect Used to do all of them routes
    i have no idea why you want so called "proof" when you can search it online. I know for a fact they ran up and down the line not only because I've seen them, And I've been on one. Its Thameslink (First Capital Connect) And Great Nothern to This Day. Back in the old days when FCC was around, they did too. they split of a Finsbury Park. And if you "somehow" do not believe me idk where you have been.
    but there's no need to be arguing over trains lol. but fr they did do passenger services on them routes know. Thameslink Took over First Capital Connect And then the class 319's stopped their work on the ECML To Work on the DC and The Midland Mainlines as Thameslink Loaned Some Class 387/1's to run on that line before the Class 700 Was Taking into Service. ofc some of the details may be wrong but do know that they did run on that line some way or another. "No need to argue over trains lol"

41. TrainGeek08

Sorry, must be me getting confused, I don't know much about the backdated era, glad to know a 319 can be added as DLC, would they go through the Canal Tunnels like present ;)

42. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

100km+ of Schnellfahrstrecke kassel würzburg is Open fields and Tunnels compared to ECML which is mostly stations.

Not a fair comparison

43. matt#4801

I have been working on the ECML for 40 odd years mate and Thamelink only started running from Peterborough to Cambridge from 2018 I believe. Search it on google and you will see this. By no means am I trying to cause an argument but I am just adding what I know to the table.

Maybe you are getting confused with the Kings Cross Thameslink station which was on the Thamslink core section, between St Pancras and Farringdon I believe. If you give a link to a website were you have found this info I would be more than happy to read it.

Yes I know they aren't a fair comparison: I wasn't the one who compared them in the first place. In both the posts I made on the matter I said that mileage wasn't the issue but it was the amount of stations.

• Like Like x 1
  44. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

As I'm saying it again No, I'm not getting confused. I know Wich routes and all and i would like some "proof" that you worked on the ECML for 40 years. because I do not believe that... And also, this so-called website this "info" you're talking about. the info is in real life. and anyway, I find it abit pointless replying to you because this is only making this worse. last i saw a class 319 was in king's cross station.

45. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Class 319's don't work on the ECML anymore. not that i know about...

46. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They're talking about pre class 700 days

47. matt#4801

I am afraid you will just have to take my word for it as I am not going up into the loft to get old handbooks/uniforms out and I can't share any info about the company I work for currently. Anyway like you say there is no point getting in an argument about trains or my job, so we will just have to agree to disagree because I don't have the brain capacity to argue today.

Again like I have said if you have a picture or have some sort of reference material for regular 319 passenger runs on the ECML feel free to prove me wrong. If you would like I can give you a link to reference material about the EC being linked to Thameslink.

• Like Like x 1
  48. TrainGeek08

It was on reference to your previous post regarding 319s and Kings Cross ;)

49. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

Thameslink and First Capital Connect is the same they ran the same routes... and anyway like i said yes i agree that there is no need to argue over such a small thing.

50. NotDavid

NotDavid Active Member

GNER Class 43 Needs A Clean.