Ecw Cutting Closure Senario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Jul 7, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve attempted this several times today. I’ve followed the prompts to the letter but can only get to the point where you swap to the lead Class 66 loco in Brighton station where the prompts tell you to stop at a signal but it just refuses to move. All the air in the brakes are built up and the brake settings via that ECM computer screen are correct along with the direction lever in forward etc.

What am I doing wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I often forget to release the pressure in the brakes by holding the release lever/button down? Could be that?

• Like Like x 2
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

shhweeet#4292 have a follow along here and see if there’s anything I do differently

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. shhweeet#4292

I made sure the automatic brakes were released to 5 on that big gauge and the direct brake was fully released as well but it still didn’t want to move? The weird thing is I had no problem driving it into Brighton station.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

Thanks TinTin I’m just going to watch it now.:cool:

Edit…Hum I might not have switched the master control off on the end loco? Although I’m pretty sure I did? I’ll have another go following your video to the letter and report back. :)

I see you were having problems getting that computer screen to work, I thought it was just me.

Is it just me or do others see similarities to the way this loco brakes to the Class 101 DMU? Either way I think the Class 66 is a bit of a faff to drive tbh. It feels harder to drive than the old BR diesel locos.

whilst I’m here does the AWS work on the Class 66? I think the switch is up by that computer screen but clicking on it doesn’t seem to activate it?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

No problem. AWS is in a fuse box directly behind the driver. It’s the big 24v fuse when you open the box. If it isn’t behind you, go into the rear cab and it will be there instead. The cabinet is just at one end

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. shhweeet#4292

Success! I wasn’t switching off all those little switches beneath the master key in the loco I had just left.

Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Nice one! Glad I was no help at all ahaha :D

• Like Like x 3