1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecw - Sun Reflection In Cab

Discussion in 'Known Issues & Bug Reports' started by loader.tom, Jan 23, 2020.

1. loader.tom

loader.tom Member

I never really did play TSW much until ECW came out. Then I've spent quite a while driving different routes with different traction. When I first played ECW when it as launched, I noticed the sun was reflecting on the inside of the windscreen when the sun was directly behind, which I thought was odd but maybe was just a TSW thing. But it definitely seems to be a bug with ECW / The 377 though. See the screenshots below.

530070_20200122212417_1.png 530070_20200122212551_1.png

No way would the sun be reflecting off the inside of the windscreen at that angle.

2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Well-Known Member

Thats been present since Great Western Express, and because that route is east/west it renders any morning run towards Reading essentially unplayable from an immersion point of view. Disappointing that its still there.

3. loader.tom

loader.tom Member

Oh has it? Like I said, I briefly played TSW when it came out but quickly went back to TS, only to return to TSW when ECW came out, I haven't noticed it on the German routes. Either way, it's pretty annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Well-Known Member

If its not in the German routes then it implies a solution has been found that has not been universally applied. As you say, annoying.

5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Only DB BR 155 Loco is build with technique to avoid this.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That’s different. That has nothing to do with the sun.