PC Edinburgh - Glasgow / Class 385 Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by razmatus#2517, Apr 7, 2023.

1. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

Hi, today when playing I encountered a weird issue - not a game / service breaking one, but nevertheless one I dont quite understand if it is a feature or a bug

here is a video:
    .../mirokizak/videos/597144109000903/ (add www.facebook.com before the rest of the link... havent found other way to post the link here)
    (around the mark 1:01:06, and wait a couple seconds)

Description:
    Service(s) (tried a couple with the same service pattern, just different times) from Glasgow to Edinburgh, after first stop, making my way to Falkirk High. At around 6.1 or 6.2km mark, without alerter (dunno how it is referred to on UK routes) warning or AWS warning (since there was no yellow signal), the brakes initiate without prior warning or my own input. Once I apply power from 2nd notch to 3rd/4th, the brakes unlock and I pick speed again.

So, is this some kind of feature of the train that applies brakes when cruising on 2nd notch too long? Or is this a local bug of the track, when at that specific point brakes initiate no matter what?

Again, it is not like it is game breaking, but my OCD part of brain is wondering what the haaaa :D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the video as the link won't work but I have a feeling that it could be a neutral section, which is accurate to real life, and so the brakes aren't applying but you loose power for a second or two so it gives the sense the brakes have been put on.

There is also one of these before Haymarket as well.

If it's not a neutral section then I don't know to be honest with you mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. razmatus#2517

it applies brakes, since it shows the upper dial to go from 0.0 to like 2.7 pressure... when I applied more power, it de-pressurized back to 0.0

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, it's the neutral section. The last update rivet made makes the 385 apply brakes in neutral sections and can drop your speed by at least 20mph. After you're past the neutral section, you can reapply

• Like Like x 2
  5. razmatus#2517

Issue pretty much resolved - morning services it does trigger brakes, after-noon/evening services it doesnt, it just does a sound when passing those yellow/orange thingies after a sign 6.2km from Falkirk, which looks like neutral section sign

https://www.youtube.com/live/lcHDj7thNUo?feature=share&t=1108
    here :) anyway, thanks ppl for resolving this, didnt notice this before :D a couple hrs of my life wasted thanks to my OCD part of brain lol :)

6. razmatus#2517

thanks for reply :)

7. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the NS bug, it's seemingly randomised, but some services it works fine others the brakes come on.

It's mildly frustrating. Rivet are aware of it.

• Like Like x 1