Route Edinburgh - Glasgow - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TimTri, Aug 10, 2023.

1. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

For me the thing that really prevents me playing the route and as I have said in this thread is the sodding neutral sections as, although the sound is shocking after listening to clips of 385s, it sounds hitachish if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

It doesn't even sound like a train to me to be honest lol. It sounds like a Playstation or hairdryer on wheels lol.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I noticed last night as well the neutral sections are going off to early. As soon as the cab is going over it they neutral section will drop out it shoukd be when the pantograph itself goes over the section

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking the windscreen magically repels when about 5mph, have a seat in the secondman seat. The rain lands and stays fine. It’s absolutely a bug and is still in place along with a load of other ones.

Rivet pretty much admitted they wouldn’t be fixing them.

As a reminder -

• Rain not on drivers windscreen
    • Neutral Sections randomly applying brakes
    • Poor sounds
    • Poorer sounds with the internal cab door opened, as if it was an external one.
    • Announcements not recognised when you’ve arrived at destination
    • Announcement not recognising if you change ends and want to take the service back
    • Missing late night services
    • Incorrect stopping patterns on alternate rush hour services
    • Platform PIS cutting off Waverley
    • Platform PIS not showing off route stops on Alloa & Dunblane services

A lot of these would not take much to sort and all bar the neutral section issue, which they introduced with the day 2 patch about a week after release, have been there since launch. Its poor. Even more annoying as it would be a pretty solid route if it got a bit of tlc.

Things like the stopping patterns would expand the gameplay as would the full timetable. Then little bits like not adding the Azuma in as AI which would make a massive difference to Waverley & Haymarket not being ghost towns. These things should matter, it’s not asking for perfection by any stretch, these things should be standard.

Any way rant over, everyone entitled to enjoy it as much as they can, probably more of an issue for me being my local route. But either way I can’t see me buying another Rivet route until a decent amount of good feedback is posted on here.

• Like Like x 10
  5. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

it is not repealing for me until I am gaining a fast speed which is how it works in real life. Was this possibly fixed in the recent update and those reporting it’s still not working as it should not actually had a look at the update ??? I ran the route earlier today and last night and mine is not disappearing at 5mph

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Some stuff that bothers me alongside that here:

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteveRail

Just tried it and still not working properly, I’ve taken pictures of the difference between driver seat and secondman seat. Neither with wipers on and only up to 45mph(although like this once about 5-10mph.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Very strange.
    Hopefully a patch can fix it can’t say I have had an issue but then again I treat the sim as the same as I do when driving IRL and when rains have wipers on.

9. SteveRail

I drive with wipers on too it was just to illustrate the point. Essentially you can drive without them on and only need them at the stations. It should be fixed, really it should have a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrackingTrains

TrackingTrains Well-Known Member

Sounds like general consensus is to not purchase even though it’s 50% off - is this correct please?

11. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the route but I know it IRL so perhaps that’s why.

12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

At 50% off I would say, if EMU Regional/InterCity routes are your thing, and/or you have an interest in Scottish railways, then yes.

If it's just for the sake of it then no.

• Like Like x 1
  13. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

I'm not trying to be a hopeful guy here but maybe there's more stuff fixed when they release the new DLC!? Wish tbh I doubt, but well, who knows ...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

You'd certainly hope they fix it up before selling new stuff for it wouldn't you?

• Like Like x 3
  15. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Well no not really as if something is proven to be a fix and work in a new product then ship that fix out when you release a new product as a patch.

16. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Would be ideal. I guess we just need to wait and see but good thinking.

17. matt#4801

The sounds are shocking too, though unlike the 150 there is an essence of Hitachi EMU in there if you listen carefully. I were certainly not complimenting them though! Providing Rivet have put the ball in Scot Rails park in fairness to Rivet there is not much they can do because they really are rather overstretched at the minute and this won't be a priority.

Though if we are giving comparisons I think it sounds a bit like my boiler in the house when that boots up! ;):D

Neutral sections are a shambles, both in this route and ECML (where they don't even work at all) but on this route it is the bloody braking which really wears me thin.

Also rain does have a visual impact on the windscreen in real life and you certainly cannot run along in the rain with the wipers not going as you could on this route in TSW. I haven't tried the route since the update, so can't comment on the current state but it were clearly a bug before.

• Like Like x 5
  18. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I never said rain does not have an impact irl I drive trains for a living I am aware of how rain works on a cab screen. If you have no wipers irl the trains out of service and stops at next station

19. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

It's clearly a bug. You should still see drops on the windshield, quickly running off at speed (like in TSC on properly setup windshields).

• Like Like x 4
  20. matt#4801

So do I mate, I have had plenty of failed wipers in my years ruin many many days so know the procedure!

What I am saying is that this is clearly a bug as in the game the rain stopped interacting with the screen at certain speeds and the rain doesn't just disappear when you start moving fast in real life, no matter the speed, as were suggested on the last page. I do have to say that at the same time TSW's recreation of rain on the screen isn't particularly close to how rain is in real life either.

Also just to be clear that comment were just a general one not aimed at you specifically as I weren't going to hunt down the specific post or person.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply. In all my years only ever had one failed wiper. Got to station where fitter was waiting and as usual it started working again lol

• Like Like x 4
  22. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Same with my car recently, turbo didn't work. Upon arrival at the repair shop, it worked. Found the reason later, of course it was the most simple thing you should check on first, a micro crack in the charging air intercooler hose.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  23. cescb#1068

cescb#1068 Member

Purchased due to the offer, not very impressed with it though. Route is not busy it feels like a ghost town, you can do a run from Edb to Glq and pass minimal traffic. Sounds of the unit not quite there and overall the route feels like it needs some patches to make it fit for purpose

• Like Like x 2
  24. matt#4801

No sweat mate. Only one, lucky sod! After a quick think I reckon I have had about 10 perhaps a few more/less and only twice have I had the fitter actually waiting for me. There were a short period of time (a couple of months or so) where I had 3 or 4 happen!

• Like Like x 1
  25. TSW Nathan

Yea, I agree with TS Player here. If you don't have a direct interest in it and are you don't think you will be able to look over the bugs then don't buy.

26. TSW Nathan

Yea. As Mentioned in a previous post. There is ALOT more a.i services that could've been simulated with the 385 alone. Don't even get me started on ways other stock could've been layered in.

• Like Like x 1
  27. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

What other stock could be layered one we dont have a 170, 156 only other train we have now that would fit is a 158

28. TSW Nathan

There is alot more freight services missing. You could have HST ECS moves to Haymarket depot when they were still in GWR livery. You could have ecml layers. Lots more railtour potential. Etc...

• Like Like x 2
  29. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It was quite a short overlap with the GWR ScotRail HSTs and the 385s, wasn't it?
    As the 385s entered service they were being painted/refurbed quite quickly, no?

Agree on the rest - there is plenty of potential with the 801, 66 and whatnot - and having the line connect to the Bo'ness railway there's plenty of opportunity to play on that (as, ironically, Cathcart does, despite it's lack of connection..)

• Like Like x 1
  30. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

you would only see a 801 idle at Waverley really or if you are really lucky on one of the limited services that operate via carstairs and even then you would be lucky giving most of that section is tunnel between Waverley and haymaket.

31. TSW Nathan

Precisely! As Manuel station is pretty much modled, you could and should be able to do a full run from there to Waverly and so on!

32. TSW Nathan

You could have it run between Haymarket and Edinburgh simulating the Aberdeen & Inverness services. As well as services from Glasgow Central. It's not an 800 but it'll do for now.

• Like Like x 1
  33. SteveRail

Could have them run as far as Polmont for the Inverness services and along the section to the Fife lines split. Although as you say these are 800s in reality.

• Like Like x 1
  34. TSW Nathan

True. They wouldn't pick up passengers at Polmont. It would just be a go via thing really. Might be better starting it at Polmont Jnc where the Falkirk Grahamston line joins up. It's slightly more realistic having the player start in a junction and continuing the services from there rather than making an unscheduled and unrealistic stop for the player to take over a service. It would mean it would be rather difficult to spawn on foot and do these services but it's better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  35. SteveRail

I’d even take just AI tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Indege

Indege Well-Known Member

The best thing about the route is the edinburgh tram

37. TSW Nathan

Even they aren't modelled correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Midnight

Midnight Well-Known Member

The rain and snow on Class 385 windscreen is seriously bugged.

1. Start any timetable with light rain, heavy rain or light snow custom weather setting.

2. Start driving the Class 385.

3. Turn on the windscreen wipers.

4. When the train is moving over 10mph, turn the windscreen wipers off.

No rain or snow will land on the windscreen again until the train stops.

I have sent a ticket to DTG support, but no idea if they will ever fix this bug.

• Like Like x 4
  39. SteveRail

Pretty much been like that since launch, along with most other issues. Wouldn’t hold your breath on a fix coming, I had a slim hope they’d issue an update with fixes to most of her issues when they released their engineering express but nope.

Think it’s clear now it’s going to remain in the state it is now.

40. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

It's pretty bad that they release content for a route that is still incredibly broken.

• Like Like x 2
  41. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's better than nothing. It's part of scenery, not something you actually drive. They probably didn't have a license for it to make it the same, idk

• Like Like x 1
  42. Midnight

Midnight Well-Known Member

Actually, I disagree.

If Rivet Games had given us nothing, DTG or ATS might have made the Edinburgh-Glasgow route instead. Then it might not have been broken and left to rot away.

As much as people complain about DTG, at least they do occasionally fix bugs, where as Rivet Games don't seem to care at all.

• Like Like x 3
  43. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Rivet have also fixed bugs. It just takes a really long time. There was a patch last year where they updated their legacy dlc from tsw2020 and 2. Even though it was a few years late, at least it was improved and not completely abandoned. There are some dlc that dtg hasn't updated in years. Some dlc were quickly patched but after a couple, you don't see one after a long time or not at all

• Like Like x 1
  44. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you don't work for Rivet/DTG with that ideology.. SMH

• Like Like x 5
  45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

right and what routes have ATS giving so for for TsW. So how do you know the first release from them isn’t going to have issues. I hope you will be as observant and critical when and if ATS release a route and it has issues. Or will you brush them aside because the issues you actually have are with rivet

46. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

They went back (albiet a few years later) and fixed the run sounds on the 38 stock.
    They do care, they're just a small team putting out content without the staff or support to go back and fix.

I do sometimes wonder if there is a process for this, or it gets lost in translation as to whether it's DTGs or 3rd party dev's responsibility to fix issues that come up later.

• Like Like x 3
  47. AVeryFatElf

AVeryFatElf Well-Known Member

I've been playing a lot of TSW in VR and I played a fictional Inter7City scenario on this route. Driving an HST with its big window made me really appreciate the wonderful amount of hard work that went into the world building on that route as I'm rolling through the corners. It just needs some more variation other than the 385. Don't personally think the engineering pack was the right way to do it though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  48. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah they missed a trick not setting this route in one of its diesel era’s, especially odd considering they didn’t even have access to the one train that’s running on it.

• Like Like x 6
  49. AVeryFatElf

AVeryFatElf Well-Known Member

Hmm it's a tricky one. I reckon it was either pre-electrification or not and which would be more popular/relevant to newer customers. It I very cool being able to see it in its modern setting. I just really really wish it had more variance in what you saw on it and not just 385s

50. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I suppose, but I think the 158’s and Turbostars etc are used enough to be modern still, I’d say they’re more well known than the 385. I just think all things considered, this could still easily have been modern & done to a much better standard if they’d not used the 385 era.

• Like Like x 2