PlayStation Educate Me!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dannyjpj, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Hi all,

So I’ve been playing TSW for around a year now. One thing is stumping me. So say I’m taking freight in RSN. The bar in the middle of the HUD that starts in the middle and moves left when you brake and right when you accelerate. Say if I’m at 50mps and apply brake 1a, then 1b all is fine and the train slows gradually but if I put in brake 2 or over the bar slams to the left and I lose control of the loco until it’s at a complete stop.

So if someone wouldn’t mind taking the time to explain what is it and how better to control it.

Thanks in advance.

2. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Traction maybe?

3. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

It's an accelerometer, it is a visual representation of your acceleration or deceleration. If your bar is in the centre, you are maintaining speed, the bar moves right, you are gaining speed, left, you are slowing down.

I assume you applied the E brake or too much anyway! Don't have RSN yet.

The only time I used one irl was on Class 67's, I assume other newer classes have them?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Definitely not using the E break, using the train break. Thanks for the explanation though.

Anyone else have some experience with RSN? Specifically pulling freight.

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Is this with a specific Loco or all of the RSN ones?

6. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

DB BR 185.2 With heavy freight in tow. Like I’ll be going say 56 then using the train break, go to 1a, all is fine, 1b, the bar goes to the left a little then 2 or over and the bar rushes to the left fully and even when I put the break into 0 and apply full power I cannot gain control.

I’ve noticed it’s different when not towing freight it’s much less sensitive. Any ideas on how to use the train break more effectively while towing heavy freight or is it just a case of using 1a and 1b to come to a VERY slow stop

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Okay, will try and check that later. From my runs i cant remember that i had any problems with that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

id say brake very gently. dont brake to heavily or you will loose all your air in the system. remember the train is a heavy train and the brakes will operate very slowly and also when putting on power this operates slowly also. i use a PS4 and have no problems with the freight operations even with the banker train on as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Okay thanks for the advice. I thought as much. What do you mean banker train?

10. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

If you have MSB the banker loco helps to push a heavy train up a steep incline

11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

• Don't apply to much brake except for emergencies - I usually never go over 1B or 2.
    • Don't keep them on for long. They take a long time to release, so when you're slowing down, you might slow down too much.
    • Use line in the middle of the speedometer to see how much you want to slow down... It is a good way of showing the way the train as accelerating or decelerating.
    • If you feel you need apply more brake because the train isn't slowing down enough, don't. The train will get there at its own pace.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Nice one! Thanks everyone! Definitely got a better understanding of it now

• Like Like x 2