Electric Passengers Train Continuous Alarm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superloutre, Feb 22, 2020.

1. superloutre

superloutre New Member

Hello, I'm new and don't understand something : when I drive any electric train, I randomly have a countinuous alarm (not the AWS) and after a while the train stops. I did all the academy and really don't understand what's happening...

What am I missing ?

Thank you all.

2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Is it a UK train??? It could be the DSD / vigilance device... You reset it be depressing the treadle on the floor...

Eric

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Tell us which train and we can tell you what the problem is.

As Eric says above it might be the Vigilance Device which sounds every 60 seconds or so and if you do not reset it the brakes apply.
    You normally reset it with a key - sometimes E - but it depends on the train

Peter

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The newer electrics on the Waterloo addons - Waterloo to Portsmouth and the Southampton Bournemouth ones - have a secondary alarm that goes of about once a minute that you cancel with the E key rather than the Q key. You still use Q to cancel AWS

5. redbaron07

redbaron07 New Member

I had the same problem with the 450 - I found out it was the pedal on the floor. No idea why it keeps going off, I was in speed, so I don't know and the manual gives no info.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

On a Real train there is an Alerter to check the driver is awake
    When the AWS Sounds he has to cancel it or the brakes apply - same in the game
    On a Green signal the driver has nothing to do so the trains have this Alerter or Drivers Safety Device DSD

The Manuals for the Waterloo to Portsmouth route and the Southampton to Bournemouth route mention
    DSD Disable/Enable ( Ctrl+D )

Peter