PC End Of Game Due To Red Light Violation

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by OpenMinded, Oct 12, 2021.

1. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

It is always easy to point fingers at others and state "it wasn't me".

But, in this case its true. It has happened to me 3 times on DRA and it wasnt me running through a red light;) Its a bit annoying, as the game simply ends...

Obviously it must be AI traffic, however, I am curious, has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening? AI trains should know what is coming up and not be taken by surprise?!

First instance, I was driving a cargo train, leaving Coswig, heading to Riesa. At first I thought it must have been myself, but after checking, there are no signals at this location of the track.

Second instance was again a cargo train, I was sitting in front of a red light at Neustadt, heading to Riesa. As I was not moving, it was definitely not me:cool:

The third instance was a Regional Express to Riesa, just after leaving Radebeul-Ost.

2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Hm there has been a patching issue which sets a go over mark behind your freight train since the Meißen update.

Possible that it is the reversing ai trains that pass red signals? Not if reversing freight trains wouldn't be bad enough, but if it ends your play session it is really nasty...
    I could well imagine that these two issues are conjoined

3. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I dont think it has anything to do with them, but I dont have anything to back this claim up. I dont remember the time or service of the first instance, however, the second instance was the last cargo train running from Dresden (21:46) and the third was the 20:14 RE50 service from Dresden to Riesa and I was on time at leaving Radebeul Ost.

It usually does not happen again, if I re-run the service. It is absolutely not reproducable. But for me it happens with around 10% of the services I run (35 completed, happened 3 times, so far, but all of them after the update).

4. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

Going off at a slight tangent but in one of the 363 shunting tasks in Ruhr Sieg Nord I uncoupled from the tanker wagons towards the end of the task but for some reason the brakes on the wagons did not come on. The siding was on a gradient. The game became a race between me backing the 363 out of the siding and into the headshunt to end the game before the wagons rolled past a red signal with the inevitable SPAD to follow.
    So, my experience is that it's not just the human driver who can cause a game ending SPAD.