PlayStation End Of Session: Walking Out Of The Represented Area

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by vmeck, Jun 20, 2020.

1. vmeck

vmeck New Member

Tees valley line: Class 20. Stopped at Grangetown and walked out of the represented area.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. They encourage you to explore fixing lights etc. and you get booted out. There should be an invisible wall at locations like that to prevent it happening.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Ouch that's a kick in the chuddlies!
    As Tonto62 says at least a wall!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Thats happened to Me once or twice, most frustrating thing after going past a signal at a station, and having your route denied because you had to reverse. come to think of it, if i wasnt tryna be so realistic, i should just open the doors there and continue that way I wouldn’t get caught by the red

• Like Like x 3
  5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

That should be reported as a bug. That is a very severe bug - it's basically one of the worst kinds of bugs that you can get. Securing the boundaries to the game area is a fairly basic requirement in any game design. It's also a module-ending bug. I think it counts as a "Must Fix" bug.....

Question is.... would fixing it now be considered as "development" (and therefore it won't be fixed), or would such activity be considered to be...um.... "bug-fixing"....... (.....in which case it will/should be fixed)....? You need to ask yourself the question - is this bug actually a feature? If the bug was fixed... say... with an invisble wall.... would that be a bug-fix..... or would it be a newly developed feature....?

Maybe DTG Protagonist can help answer this. This is just the sort of extremely severe bug that I would (personally) expect to be fixed after 6th August, if it was reported after 6th August, and if TVL (or any of the TVL DLCs) continued to be on sale.....

A clear steer from DTG on this would be immensely helpful.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me at Lackenby steelworks. I borrowed the shunter from Redcar, drove it over to Lackenby to explore but without warning, out of represented area, back to the menu. If these sidings are shown on the map with working points, they should be accessible. Absolutely loads of sidings and yards on Tees Valley which are on the map but can't be accessed. Anyway, that's not going to change now. Even if the new scenario editor allowed it, Tees Valley is a scrapped route and we won't be able to use the editor on it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That should have been a technical report, and it's exactly that area I described in my thread from May 18th.
    I doubt that we'll see any kind of bugfix soon, maybe none at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

What does the quote button do?

9. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Yes, I've had this happen in Tees Valley as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry, but I won't use full quotes, not within a thread and never across different threads.
    Maybe you missed the link in my post, although it should be easy to detect. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...you hit the nail on the head with this post. What if you had just spent an hour putting a train together in a free-roam scenario, had not saved your game yet, and then accidentally stepped out of bounds which kicks you out of your session. Are you supposed to be happy about investing another hour just getting back to where you were before you were booted? This type of issue/bug/poor design that costs players valuable time is unacceptable IMO, and DTG really should be doing something about this. Thanks for the post, Tonto62... just my $0.02.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3