Error Loading Game - Pc Steam

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Trainster, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Trainster

Trainster New Member

SOLVED - see post below this.
    The game loaded once, now I get the following error:

[​IMG]

Here is a screen shot of the directory I have:
    [​IMG]

Not sure what the hyphen marks mean in the error listing when it gets to the last forward slash:
    /TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe' TS2Prototype CreateProcess0 returned 2.

???????? My directory gets as far as Win64 (note there is no hyphen between /TS2Prototype and Win64 in the error directory listing?) but then that is is. I can not see the relationship between the error and my listed directory. What am I missing or suppose to be seeing???

I have updated windows and restarted several times. My windows did need to update, however is now fully updated.

Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall? If so will I have to manually delete this directory after uninstalling and or do anything else before reinstalling?

I also have Railworks Train Simulator 2018 - (Now updated through steam to 2019) via Steam.

Do you require any more info???

TIA,

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  2. Trainster

Trainster New Member

SOLVED - Had to reinstall ... and also removed Railworks Train Simulator. Although I was just clutching at straws removing RWTS and now reinstalling that as well. I am sure the windows update and simply reinstall did it.

I also manually removed folders and restarted computer before reinstalling. I could of also of CCleaned but was going to leave that as last resort ... although I probably should have done that as well seeing it does not take long to clean the registry.

Hopefully the issues does not repeat itself.

3. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I got the same issue recently. Reinstalling, deleting folders etc. worked for a while then same thing again next day. After some research I found out that my AVG Free Antivirus puts the TSW exe file in quarantine. I know that lot of people use AVG so if you suddenly canĀ“t start your game because of this error message go to quarantine and att the exe file to exceptions. Probably some issue with the last virus database update makes AVG classify TSW as virus...