Exotic Dlcs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thearkerportian, Oct 30, 2019.

?
  1. Never. I just want the railways around my neck of the woods.

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Definitely! Something entirely different would spice things up!

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Depends on what particular place it is.

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Other countries would be nice, but keep them somewhat nearby, please.

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. I'll buy any DLC that seems interesting, locale is not a factor.

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Moin,

every so often, some route suggestions show up that are from places far, far outside the US-UK-DE trinity, and my first thought on these is usually, hardly anyone would ever buy these. Or, would they? For example, Chinese add-ons for TS1 seem to be selling enough to warrant the production of quite a number thereof. So why not turn that into a poll.

I should clarify that by exotic, I don't mean Ireland-Canada-France-Sweden kind of exotic. I mean REALLY exotic, safari level exotic. Russia. Egypt. Brazil. Indonesia. Kenya. Panama. Kazakhstan.

Is that something anyone would ever consider buying, assuming the production quality is similar to what we are used to from TSW add ons so far?

Or, actually, why not make Ireland-Canada-France-Sweden exotic a choice. It maybe somebody's point of view after all.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think that any route with a good mix of trains, services and scenery could work well. If a route happens to transition from town to beach to jungle to mountains, with passenger and varied freight options, I'm not going to be too fussed if it's not somewhere I'm immediately familiar with.

3. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I think it'd be fun.
    I've been looking at some Indian train videos one YouTube. Really old locomotives on really old tracks, passing through inner cities and small villages and whatnot.

But first, I'd like to get some more North American DLC'S. ;) ;) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I will be happy to buy a DLC from any country around the world, as long as it is INTERESTING and DIVERSIFIED. What i want in a DLC is replay ability through different things to do. Different lines and different services.

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well being from the UK I obviously expect the rest of the world to use the same language as me. But it seems that there are some countries that don't! :love:

So exotic enough so that it feels different but not so exotic that I can't read the text in the cab or on the signs outside. :)

So Ireland is quite exotic! ;)
    Australia seems to have an interesting selection of locos and routes.

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I guess it would be enough if it used the Latin alphabet so you can at least type it into Google Translate for example (and at least try to) prounce it. For the important stuff we'd have the tutorials and mouseover hints of course. Or, to put it in other words, I've never heard lamenting from someone who can't drive the DB trains because he doesn't understand German.

7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

8. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I'd buy something like that if if had interesting or unusual operating methods. Mixed passenger and goods trains for example. Really old rolling stock, steam, if that ever happens. Narrow gauge. Single line working with token exchange, ancient semaphore signals. What I would not be interested in would be yet another bland commuter route whose only selling point was that it was in an exotic location. The ability to pick up and drop off wagons at sidings along the way would be a big attraction for me, preferably without the usual hand holding.