I have used Claude to make a mod that fixes AI steam chuff audio. This took some experimenting and handholding but the end result is very convincing steam loco audio for AI trains. I have submitted it to Train Sim Community and it is awaiting review. I am interested to hear the community's opinions on using AI to program TSW mods.
> I am interested to hear the community's opinions on using AI to program TSW mods. Terrible. Use your brain for once. Use AI to help you maybe, for some calculations perhaps, but don't code a whole mod with it. It stinks. We went from inventing the wheel to becoming too stupid to make our own things
The mod in question is now available: https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...t-of-steam-and-peak-forest-ai-chuff-audio-fix
I am curious about the results and will check it out if I have a spare moment anytime soon. Personally, if I were to use AI to do the bulk of the work on something I was putting out, I'd feel like I was losing out on getting the skill and experience that would come from doing it all myself, but it is a changing world...
It will be interesting to try your mod. Don't know much about AI personally but I agree with others that I prefer to learn how to do things myself and that's part of the motivation. Having said that I'm quite happy to take advice from online tutorials or people on this forum to get help overcoming particular coding issues and AI may just be a more efficient way of doing that, if you knows how to use it. I see that Unreal 6 (!) is going to have AI assistance built in (if it's not already in 5.8) so I guess this is the future - but I'm a bit too much of an "old dog" to learn "new tricks." "I have seen the future and it works"