Explosive Derailments

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by abeemanator, Jun 4, 2021.

1. abeemanator

abeemanator New Member

I have no idea why this happens, Ive been combating it for years it seems, just trying to make a simple joint, nice and slow and BAM out of nowhere the cars bypass and explode in all directions like I slammed into them doing 100 mph

Ive tried
    Auto Coupling on/off
    Mismatch coupling on/off
    Hitting the joint faster
    Creeping up at .2 mph
    Clearing Cache/Blueprints
    New install of Train Sim
    Clicking the coupler when I get close

It only happens every once in a while, and I can tell when it is going to happen because the couplers bypass like they arent there, then when the carbodies hit each other it just explodes.

Doesnt matter the route, the add ons, DLC or Vanilla, It just happens out of the blue, sometimes I can get through most of the scenario fine, making joints on other cars, but just randomly it decides there is one that doesnt wanna play nice

These are all on Free Roam scenarios, doesnt matter if I make the scenario or it comes with the DLC

Facebook link to a video

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is something to do with the stock you are trying to couple.
    even though both loco and train have the same couplings the Collision Box is set differently between the two items

Example - I can couple a Swiss RhB loco to RhB stock without a problem
    But if I couple any other loco to the stock they derail and crash in the air or go in to each other

Like this
    Screenshot_Chemin de Fer Corse_42.70263-9.44691_12-03-56.jpg
    If you get this problem either use a different loco or change the wagon you are coupling to

Peter

3. abeemanator

abeemanator New Member

See I would think that as well, But, the issue is, sometimes the rolling stock works fine, other times, it bypasses and then explodes apart.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The problem is with certain types of rolling stock
    All the RhB trains will couple to each other but this Steam loco is not made by them so it won't couple.
    The steam loco will couple with other meter gauge stock - it is something the way the couplings are set up on different stock