Exporting From Blender To Blueprinteditor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr2mark, Feb 15, 2021.

1. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Evening folks , looking for some help please regarding getting a asset into ts2020, i have made my asset and converted it into igs file then converted the texture into ace format then finally set the folders up and pasted the files into the folder. When i use the blue print editor i fill the info in apart from the geo i.d as this causes issues. When left blank it says export succesful but when i go into the game the asset does not show on screen although it shows in the list of assets that can be placed. When i fill in the geo i.d i get this message below in the attatched images. Any help would be great and sorry for the long post

Attached Files:

2. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Having not made any 3D models for TS20xx. I cannot comment on the Blueprint editor but maybe this video can help.

3. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

The Geometry Id is looking for a .igs extension not a .xml one. Try changing that and see what happens. Alternatively for a basic scenery item you can just right click on the .igs file in the explorer tab of blueprint editor and select "Create scenery blueprint" this will make a .xml with the important fields already filled in for you.

Good luck!

4. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Ok thanks for the replies i shall give it a go and report back with how i get on

5. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Ive tried as suggested and got pretty much the same message. I have included the message

Attached Files:

6. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

You don't need to enter anything in the primary or secondary named texture set boxes. Emptying those should solve the first error although I have a feeling it might have a go at exporting those anyway.

The main problem though seems to be the location of the texture file. The .igs is telling blueprint editor where to find it but you don't have it in this location. The way the texture is referenced in Blender should probably be looked at. In the folder I keep my .blend files I have created a folder named "Textures". This is where I put the texture file for use with the item I'm working on. There is a section in Blender with the IGS options that shows the folder used for the textures called "Textures Directory" This should match the folder structure in your source or just be //Textures.

I hope all that makes sense. It hasn't been that long since I figured out how to make items myself.

7. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Thank you very much i shall try this tomorrow and post how i get on.

8. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Have you used the RW Ace tool to turn your texture bitmap images into .ace files ready for the blueprint editor?

9. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Yes ive converted the image to ace format going to look at the folders later to see if i can get it to export

10. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Had ago again and moved stuff around in the folders and moved the folders but still get this message

Attached Files:

11. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

I then deleted the info in the geo id and it exported but was invisible again. In the tuturial they modify the igs file within blender but it is a older version than i have, think i have 2.91 and the layout looks different. I have binded the texture to my asset before creating the igs file and it exports it to my documents and it exports to there fine. I have moved the textures to different folders and moved the folders around but it still wont export.

Attached Files:

12. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Some good news!! I sussed it and got it to export into ts, i started fresh and deleted the folders and project. I set up a fresh folder on the desktop and set it up how it is in the game, then made the asset and textured it then copied the igs and ace files into the relevent folders then copied the whole lot into the source folder and hey presto it showed in the game.

• Like Like x 1