F40ph-3c Acses Penalty

Discussion in 'PlayStation Discussion' started by PatrykA350, Aug 23, 2021.

1. PatrykA350

PatrykA350 Member

Hi all,

Just a quick question, despite the entire mess that has been this rush hour release, I’ve manage to play the Boston - Providence route without it crashing on me. I’ve found an occurring issue with me playing on the F40 and that being that when a lower speed limit engages on the ACSES (eg lowers to 30 when I’m doing 45) and even when I’ve got full service (automatic) breaking on, I still get the penalty breaks engaging. I understand that it could be my own player error or it could be the actual technical error but could someone help me in figuring out how I can avoid this from happening, and has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

2. Arka

Arka New Member

Hi, The Round button of the pad does not validate the aces you must physically press the red aces button with the cursor.... another bug...

3. PatrykA350

PatrykA350 Member

Yes I do that yet it still triggers.

4. peterpiloto

peterpiloto New Member

I read somewhere that you have to acknowledge and put the brake in “Suppression” until you slow below the limit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainSim-Matt

TrainSim-Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Apply Suppression braking and hit acknowledge - then watch for the "PERM SUPP" light to come on (Permanent Suppression) and then you're good. That light needs to come on (and you need to ack) within 8 seconds.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Suppression is one notch beyond Max breaking in the fp40, is this normal?

• Like Like x 1
  7. PatrykA350

PatrykA350 Member

Thank you!

8. mr.aln663

mr.aln663 New Member

But on PS4 the fact that the ACSES alarm has to be confirmed by pressing the red button and not by the circle button on the gamepad is a bug? Because if not, it's really uncomfortable

• Like Like x 2
  9. PatrykA350

PatrykA350 Member

I agree with you by it being uncomfortable, that’s why I prefer using the Amtrak services because it just needs circle to acknowledge both. (I understand there is no separate in-cab button for them but it would still be nice to see the cab signalling acknowledge be triggered by circle along with the Alerter)

10. TrainSim-Matt

TrainSim-Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The inability of the circle button to ack the safety systems on the MBTA stock is a bug and will be fixed :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

The best is driving without help. Look at the front screen and pe atemption. The red signals change if you ask for authorization