Fairmount Line & Acela Express On Boston Sprinter (tsw2)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kdogw0084, Jan 2, 2022.

?
  1. Yes!

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Just The Fairmount Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just The Acela Express

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Kdogw0084

Kdogw0084 New Member

FAIRMOUNT LINE:
    [​IMG]
    The Fairmount Line is the shortest MBTA Commuter Rail line that mainly serves Zone 1A of the Commuter Rail. It runs through Dorchester from South Station then meeting the Providence/Stoughton, and Franklin Line at Readville. The line serves South Station of course, Newmarket, Uphams Corner, Four Corners/Geneva Avenue, Talbot Avenue, Morton Street, Blue Hill Avenue, Fairmount, and then finally Readville. But the stations are flag stops. Since both Readville and South Station is already in the addon, it would be cool to see the Fairmount Line in the game. The Fairmount line uses the MPI F40PH-3C, MSI HSP46, and GMD GP40MC. Along with Hyundai Rotem CTC-5 and BTC-4D coaches.

ACELA EXPRESS:
    The Boston - Providence part of the Northeast Corridor is the fastest part of the whole corridor, all trains reach their max speed over there. But either know the MBTA Commuter Rail goes 90 MPH, and the Amtrak Northeast Regional goes 125 MPH. The Acela Express on the other hand goes up to 150 MPH through the Boston - Providence part of the Northeast Corridor! And we could sometimes admit that driving fast is fun lol. So far in the Train Sim World series, there have been mainly 2 Northeast Corridor routes, but no Acela Express yet. So it would be nice to have an Acela Express addon. Or even the Avelia Liberty since it's gonna enter service soon.

MPI F40PH-3C:
    [​IMG]

MSI HSP46:
    [​IMG]

GMD GP40MC:
    [​IMG]

Acela Express:
    [​IMG]

Avelia Liberty:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

What's the avelia liberty is that the old version of the acela. Quite curious about your suggestion so was just wondering

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The Avelia is the new one, I don't actually think they have it in service yet though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

ahh okay thanks for letting me it has a very unusual design it kind of looks like it's trying to be a shinkansen to me haha

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and a better tip is combining HSP-46 with Avelia Liberty as Northeast Corridor Boston Providence Next Generation train Pack. Even better is Rush Hour Train Pack NEC HSP-46 Avelia Liberty Riesa-Dresden ICE-T BML Class 59 377/3

6. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Could you be a bit more specific about why the Fairmount line is actually interesting? Like can you still reach decent speeds like 79mph on it? Does it have any interesting scenery? Other than adding services, I just don’t see the point in adding the line. I think it would be better if they added the Franklin line since services between Boston and Readville are only 9 minutes. I think the Needham line would also be better since they are currently just AI trains, you would get to serve Forest Hills station, and from what I’ve heard has relatively nice scenery. I just think these extensions would benefit the route more than the Fairmount line

• Like Like x 1
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Franklin Line and Fairmount Line as a bundle for a Dlc package for TSW 2 along with the Hsp46 locomotive.

8. Kdogw0084

Kdogw0084 New Member

The Fairmount Line technically runs along with the P/S Line, Both South Station and Readville are already in the game so it makes sense to add the Fairmount Line. I wouldn't see the Franklin and Needham line being in the game, I highly doubt that would be added.

(And why must the Fairmount Line be interesting?)

9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

So it's not boring - so people would actually support and buy it. No point in
    Dovetail making a route if it's not well-supported.

Also, if you think this Fairmount Line will be added to Boston Sprinter as an Extension, I wouldn't hold your breath.

10. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Yes to Acela, no to route extensions. DTG have said extensions will never happen.

11. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

The fairmount line is only 28 minutes and 5 seconds from Boston south station.

12. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Personally I love it when routes are released with multiple branches/parallel tracks etc to begin with (since extensions will likely never be a thing), it's a much more efficient way of adding variety (as you're not doubling or tripling up on rolling stock and game assets. Think of routes from TS Classic like the Chatham Main Line + Medway/North Kent/Sheerness, or the South London Network, they're not just A-B routes where the only thing that changes between timetable runs is the weather and the lighting.

Currently, Boston Sprinter is my least favourite of the Rush Hour routes, because there's very little variety, the F40 is a slug and the ACS64 still feels hamstrung by the confines of the route (not to mention the snow causes it to perform much worse than other routes). Anything to liven it up would be welcome.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I voted yes to both, even though it doesn't seem likely that DTG will ever add-on to an existing route in this way. What I would like to see:
    1) Acela, which I assume will come out at some point
    2) updated MBTA equipment, which I believe is at least possible
    3) freight services, which is unlikely considering the work that would need to be done
    4) the ability to stop at Forest Hills, about as likely as number 3

However, all of this things are possible without needing any new areas to be created.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kdogw0084

Kdogw0084 New Member