Feather River Route (late 1970s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmiller1234567890, Oct 3, 2022.

1. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

About
    The Feather River Route is a rail line that was built and operated by the Western Pacific Railroad. It was constructed between 1906 and 1909, and connects the cities of Oakland, California, and Salt Lake City, Utah. The line was built to compete with the Central Pacific Railroad (and later Southern Pacific Railroad), which at the time held a nearly complete monopoly on Northern California rail service. The route derives its name from its crossing of the Sierra Nevada, where it follows both the North and Middle Forks of the Feather River. The route is famous for its impressive engineering qualities and its considerable scenic value. All of the route is now owned and operated by the Union Pacific Railroad; however, the Union Pacific has transferred significant portions of the route to other lines. I believe the area between Sacramento and Winnemucca would be good.
    [​IMG]
    534135413.JPG

Locomotives
    [​IMG]

EMD GP35

[​IMG]
    EMD GP40

[​IMG]
    GE U23B

Possible DLC/ not sure if these ran in this time era
    [​IMG]

EMD GP20

Resources
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feather_River_Route
    https://www.thedieselshop.us/WP.HTML

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

This is a route I want to see. I'd prefer if the route was set in the 1960s so players could run the California Zephyr. I would like to see a U30B, an F7A (or FP7A) and 2 B-unit set with the CZ, and a GP20, GP35, or GP40 for the route. Great Northern (and later Burlington Northern), SP, and ATSF, as well as the Quincy RR short line, all interchanged with the WP along this route, so perhaps we could see locos from those railroads as layers or future DLCs.