Feature Proposal: Different Horns For Different Engines On Csx Heavy Haul

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Littlee64, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Littlee64

Littlee64 New Member

We all know that on CSX Heavy Haul the same horn is on all three of the base engines, the GP38-2, the SD40-2, and the AC4400CW (I'm not sure about the GP40-2 as I don't have that engine yet.) it would be nice if in the near future dovetail adds different horns to each locomotive.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

This has been brought up before and again and again the canned DTG response is "CSX told us that this horn is standardized (and therefore every single CSX locomotive uses it)" Anyone who has watched a video with more than 1 CSX train in it will know that totally isn't true, but DTG has already gone for the kool-aid. And even if that was not the excuse, they would just say "it's expensive to record this stuff/get other people to record this stuff, so getting realistic horns for everything is impractical." Though I would be very surprised if their sound outsourcer recorded only 1 horn despite getting to record 3 locomotives (at least).
    /me looks at GWE where each unit has a totally unique horn

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more. Also to fix the quality of the horns.

4. Littlee64

Littlee64 New Member

That would be nice as well as I noticed when I was playing today that sometimes the Horn cuts out like a Walkie Talkie.

• Like Like x 1